Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have replaced your tires, what did you go with? How have they performed for both street and trail, are they wearing well for mileage? I'm considering the Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires, they are a 50/50 tire, supposedly the latest & greatest. Has anyone used these yet, if so, what is your experience with them? This is one of the reviews from AvdMoto, but you know how reviews go, I'm looking for real world users input. Dunlop Trailmax Mission Review - Redefining the 50/50 Tire

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought them. Love them. I’m also have a BMW 310GS in Arizona and plan to install
them on that bike too before doing a 3000 mile ride in June.
tthen

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have heard good things from both commercial reviews and individuals. I don't have them myself, but I plan on getting them in a month or so. They are also made in the USA, unlike most others.

Just a tidbit from why person I messaged:

"I had Mitas E07 (original tread pattern....not the Plus design tread). I would recommend either. The Dunlops are definitely a more rounded profile and a really positive experience on paved twisty roads. The E07's were fine there, just a little more input needed to maintain your lines. The Dunlop rear is a little smaller diameter than the Mitas so it doesn't raise the gearing quite as much.

The Dunlop front tracks a bit better on gravel than the Mitas. While the rears are completely different design they act similar on gravel....no issues. The Dunlop rear is much heavier weight wise but poses no issues. The Dunlops ride a bit "rougher" over sharp bumps etc as the sidewalls are super stiff. This is one reason I wanted them as they are basically a run flat (ridden within reason) on the rear of a light bike like the X300, I have arthritis and roadside tire changes are to be avoided if at all possible hahaha.

They are both excellent rain tires.......proven to me in torrential rains on twisty roads. The Mitas front dislikes tar snakes a bit more but poses no problem.

Both are great tires. I run 29front 32 rear and no cupping/feathering on the front. I drop a couple pounds if extended gravel miles but generally leave them alone.

I would recommend either tire. If you are doing lots of fine paved twisty's on your journey I would do the Dunlops for sure. If lots of gravel the Dunlop front has a slight edge over the Mitas. You can't go wrong with either in any scenario. "

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the dealer put the Dunlop Missions on my X300 2K miles ago. No issues, the dealer said they like them and have not had any issues w/them, said to run 30-32 lbs in front & 34-36lbs in rear tire. That's what I have been doing the past 2K, mostly on street, but have been on dirt as well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is good to see as I havent read anything negative online about these tires. I'll be doing a tire change and will be ordering these next week.

·
Registered
Vx300
93 Posts
I recently put on a set of Avon Trailriders, AV53, 54. Rear is radial tri compound. Seem a bit more rounded. Running tubes. They break over quick and are confidence inspiring. Rear seems a bit stiffer, Can more easily break traction on dirt roads bit in a good way for the 300. Rear wheel steering can be had while still hooking up reasonably well. Haven’t gotten them wet yet but r supposed to be superb. Zero wandering on rain grooves. Quiet and smooth operation. Triumph shop mounted and balanced. New IRC tubes

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Shinko 805s. Put them on at 2500 miles, now have 12k, so nearly 8000 miles with no issues. Great performance on road and dirt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts