Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving the morning of July 2 and heading to Wisconsin for my first ever road trip. Original rear tire almost to tread indicators and hate to put 1200 miles on them, so I tried to order thru my dealer a Pilot Power to match the front, back ordered till june 30, tried a Pilot Road 2, b.o. till june 29, so I went with the Pilot Road, it was available. I order thru the dealer because they mount/balance for free if you do. Pilot Road is suppossed to be more of a sport touring tire so I'm hoping for better mileage, only have 5100 on the original rear, front replaced due to a screw.

Really surprised of the high demand of tires, there must be more of us out there than meets the eyes :)
Anybody else running into this?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Marc, they all order from the same distributors, the difference is that SWMotoTire usually has them in stock, vs. most smaller dealers that put the order in as their clients order from them. That's why SWMotoTire and other large retailers have tires when your local dealer can't get.

Gustavo

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer I think gets their stuff from Parts Unlimited. They mount em for free if you get them from them, and I'm lazy with too many other irons in the fire.... plus I try if possible to keep my money local, not always possible for all the farkles, but I've done my share.

·
Registered
130 Posts
No problems getting Powers without tax or shipping here in about three biz days.

You can always still give your install biz to someone local; I use a local independent when I don't have time to do it myself.

There's always Cycle Gear if you have one local and don't mind pulling the wheel(s).

·
Registered
384 Posts
Marc, they all order from the same distributors, the difference is that SWMotoTire usually has them in stock, vs. most smaller dealers that put the order in as their clients order from them. That's why SWMotoTire and other large retailers have tires when your local dealer can't get.

Gustavo
Right I know they all come from Parts Unlimited, but if his dealer is claiming back ordered for a few weeks I am surprised SW carries that much inventory. Anything is possible, just surprising.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what I thought too. I was glad however that they were b.o. since I think the road will be better than my original choice of the power, for the long roads/mileage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts