Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
no chicken strips?

I must be looking at a different picture. the least worn part of those tires is the side contact patch.

Mountain rider must be hangin off the bike far enough to protect his chicken strips. :thumb:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good :thumb: no chicken strips for you !
The tire was going all the way to the edge and the rubber was shredding off the sides. That is the rolled edges showing where it was turning the rubber up. It started sliding some before I got home but stayed very controllable. The Versys is such a great handling bike and I have so much fun riding it. It does not get much better. :thumb:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think it might be to much lean angle and lots of throttle :D

It was getting pretty worn so I decided to make a fast run down the valley. Great fun!!!!!!!!!!
no chicken strips?

I must be looking at a different picture. the least worn part of those tires is the side contact patch.

Mountain rider must be hangin off the bike far enough to protect his chicken strips. :thumb:
Dude , Ya dont see many a tire worn that far across the tread , so in my books theres not much for chicken strips there. Now thats getting your moneys worth :thumb:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good Job. You used up All the tire and not just the middle like we do down here in Flatistan. How many miles on it? What tire is next?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
So how many miles do you have on this V and how many sets of tires have you been through? What he didn't say is that he rides these rodes everyday and knows every curve in N GA!!! Good luck keeping up with him on almost anything.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So how many miles do you have on this V and how many sets of tires have you been through? What he didn't say is that he rides these rodes everyday and knows every curve in N GA!!! Good luck keeping up with him on almost anything.
I have 23,000 miles more or less and we will not talk about how much money I have spent on tires.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have roughly 16K and I am on the 4th rear and 3rd front.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I could have used the stock front longer but I didn't like it, so I replaced it when I replaced the first rear. I am expecting about 2 to 1 rear/front in the future.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have tried to keep up with him, but he has lots more experience and lives in the middle of the twisties! I commute to and from work mostly. It is an hour ride to mountrider's next of the woods and he rides those nice roads to work everyday.

Not that I'm not trying!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I live in a great area to ride bikes and I really like to ride!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mountainrider,

Good riding! You are getting your money worth on the tires... :)

What tire pressure are you setting the tires to when you go canyon? F and R

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts