Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just moved to guam and just got my 09 on the road. Just today I had 2 close calls with the roads here. They use coral as a the substrate and it is slicker than snot. First call was front tire started to slide out in a round-a-bout. Second was ended up putting a slight flat spot on my rear tire trying to slow down for a corner. Rear brake was totally useless, no amount of modulation was giving any braking force. Front tire locked up a few times. Now I will admit I was going faster than I should have, but back in the states I would have had no problem slowing down.

So yes, I know, Coral Roads = Slick = Slow Down hahha. But anyone have any tire recommendations for these type of roads?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hafa Adai from Alaska! I spent 5 years on Guam back in the late 80's early 90's with the AF on Anderson AFB. I had a Honda Shadow and a Nighthawk while there. I don't think there is really any tire that will help much with the coral based asphalt when it gets wet. Maybe a 50/50 or 60/40 type tire with a little more aggressive tread might help some. I was fortunate to never go down but had many riding buddies, and others that did. I just learned to ride VERY carefully when the roads were wet. I had a dirt bike that I tore up the jungle trails with too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts