Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All bridgestones are on sale at Motorcycle Superstore, as are a few other brands. You can pick up the bt-023 for $110 shipped using a promo code m71-bridge5 (saves you $5).

Just ordered one myself. Can't wait to test it out, I just got my bike a month ago and it had a worn Metzeler Z6 on it so I'm excited to see the difference.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got about 500 miles on my BT-023 set. Crazy difference over stock.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I just put a Metzeler Roadtec Interact Z8 (sport touring) rear tire on yesterday. It should be good for about 6K miles. I'm using a Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact (supersport) front tire. Nice to have the supersticky tire up front, and given it's the front tire, it also looks like it might last about 6K miles - we'll see. If so, this is a NICE combo for the V if you're canyon carving and street riding IMO.

·
Registered
291 Posts
You might want to check the date on that tire.
Absolutely. Old rubber isn't as good (grippy and puncture resistant) as fresh rubber. Ive replaced more tires from dry rot than wear and punctures combined. A good tire thats old is not even worth half price IMO. I wouldn't take an old "new" tire for free on anything that gets ridden far or fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts