1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Got a itsy, bitsy, tiny little puncture this weekend.:mad:

I was lucky, and able to get home, but it got me wondering...:confused:

Anybody know of a good tire repair kit that is portable enought to be stored on the bike. I see plenty of different makes on the interwebs, but I'm sure, as with all things, there are varying degrees of quality out there. It would be nice if it came with a way to reinflate the tire.

Thanks in advance!:):):)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Progressive kits get good reviews. None would work for that pix you posted. They say plugs don't do sidewall holes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I punctured a tire (while in the NC mountains) and had to rely on a plug kit I bought from a Shell station. After numerous plugs, I ended up having to buy a tire from an over priced dealer. He must of noticed my out of state plate. After all of that, I wanted to make sure I would have a better way to plug a tire. I found a kit called the Pocket Plugger. It has all the tools you need to plug a tire including 4 16g CO2 cartridges to add enough air to get you to a station. I haven't had to use it but a buddy of mine did and the plug held great. I don't think it would have worked on a puncture like you got, but on most it should work fine. You can find it at aerostich.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ithink tyre weld is still available in the UK you have to inflate tyre with aerosol kit it puts a foam in then you run the bike a few miles, not a permament fix but worked for me in the past

·
Registered
92 Posts
I finally remembered to post this. Here is my kit. It fits nicely under the seat. There is a Slime air compressor a plug kit, flashlight, zip ties, air gauge and the standard tool kit under there. :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use the the Stop & Go Pocket Plugger, along with a small electric compressor.

http://www.stopngo.com/motorcycle.asp

It uses mushroom shaped plugs. I used one on a Goldwing tire several months ago, and it's still holding air.

I also used it to plug a tire on my van.

It's a good idea to practice using the insertion tool on an old tire a couple of times, so you will know how it operates.

jb

·
Registered
80 Posts
I keep a Tuskers repair kit under the seat , comes with plugs , spike to clean the hole and insert the plug , and co2 bottles with adaptor to regulate the air flow .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts