Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
The label says 32/36 so that's what I run.

·
Premium Member
16,153 Posts
My service guy told me 36psi front and rear. Works fine for me

·
Registered
254 Posts
Pilot Roads 2's - run 32-34 front and solid 36 in rear. Same as i did for my stock Dunlops. Got 9K from the stockers, and right at 12 with my rear PP2. Ordered a new PP2 yesterday, going to keep the front on, it looks fine.

·
Registered
434 Posts
A better question would be: "Why do you run different tire pressure than the factory recommendation?" Arbitrary? No gas station within 250 miles? Because Uncle Louie did it on his 68 Bonneville?

Again, as stupid as we sometimes feel the factory is, they actually do extensive testing on every aspect of their product (except, obviously, the mirrors and cowl fitment :D), particularly regarding safety and liability. Optimum tire pressure falls into that category. Fooling with tire pressure directly affects handling (safety), stopping (safety) and tire wear. Rider comfort is usually addressed by the suspension settings.

V-Zee

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
A better question would be: "Why do you run different tire pressure than the factory recommendation?" Arbitrary? No gas station within 250 miles? Because Uncle Louie did it on his 68 Bonneville?

Again, as stupid as we sometimes feel the factory is, they actually do extensive testing on every aspect of their product (except, obviously, the mirrors and cowl fitment :D), particularly regarding safety and liability. Optimum tire pressure falls into that category. Fooling with tire pressure directly affects handling (safety), stopping (safety) and tire wear. Rider comfort is usually addressed by the suspension settings.

V-Zee
Well said. Using BT016 and run 32/36 and no problem. Remove stock tires after 1k due to my stupidity. Lack of confidence.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I think some people get confused because the manufacturer says one number and the tire may say a different number. Always go with the manufacturer. The number on the side of the tire is just the maximum pressure for that particular tire...not the recommended pressure for your particular moto.

·
Registered
434 Posts
As a side note on this, I once worked at an oil change shop and the owner was convinced that tires should be inflated to the numbers on the sidewall. This ended when customers began coming back complaining that their Lexus rode like a Radio Flyer wagon. It actually was sort of amusing until he fired me for harrassing his stupidity.:D

·
Super Moderator
19,168 Posts
My service guy suggested 36F and 42R when I picked up my "V" so that's what we set it for. Within the FIRST 150 miles I had indications of using the tread, front and rear) to within 1/4" of the end of the sides. That's with the OEM Dunlops which I thought were PDG! :clap:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Well said. Using BT016 and run 32/36 and no problem. Remove stock tires after 1k due to my stupidity. Lack of confidence.
Hey Fastoman, let me know how long those BT016 last you... Thanks!

·
Registered
256 Posts

V-Zee
On my Goldwing I routinely run more than the factory recommendation. They recommend 36 and I run 41 front and rear. Even most dealers recommend it because of front tire cupping issues on the Goldwing. My Stones last 11k to 12k on the Goldwing.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My service guy suggested 36F and 42R when I picked up my "V" so that's what we set it for. Within the FIRST 150 miles I had indications of using the tread, front and rear) to within 1/4" of the end of the sides. That's with the OEM Dunlops which I thought were PDG! :clap:
I am running pretty close to this on my PR2s and have to say, I like the feeling a lot more. Much more flickable.

·
Registered
323 Posts
blue bikes need 32/36 pressure because of the increased torque and the advanced cornering ability - green ones can almost be flat; red ones are even worse

1 - 20 of 22 Posts