Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slow leak in my brand new rear tire. I took it back to the installer and they replaced the stem. This did not resolve the issue. I have ordered Ride-on as it appears to be the least horrific of these tire repair products.
My question is have you used this stuff and if so would you recommend it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did you check the bead on both sides all the way around? Don't think I'd be happy with a leaking brand new tire. Maybe the installer chewed up a bead.

Load up a spray bottle with soapy water and spritz the tire checking for bubbles.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Which tire make and model is it? My new rear tire was leaking because it had a molded serial number on the bead's sealing surface... I managed to fix it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Did you check the bead on both sides all the way around? Don't think I'd be happy with a leaking brand new tire. Maybe the installer chewed up a bead.

Load up a spray bottle with soapy water and spritz the tire checking for bubbles.
I agree with this. If you bought a brand new tire, and had it installed and it's leaking, I'd make them fix it. That's not acceptable. And if they replaced the stem to try to fix it, that makes me wonder if they replaced it when the did the install the first time. If not, that's a sign not to go back there. Unless you have the metal stems, they should be replaced every tire change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The question remains has anyone used Ride-on in their tires? If so what has been your experience?

·
Registered
281 Posts
The question remains has anyone used Ride-on in their tires? If so what has been your experience?
Depending on where the leak is, Ride-On may not fix it. If your leak is around the bead or stem, and not in the actual tread of the tire, it won't seal it. It uses centrifugal force to force the gel into the hole. From what I've seen though, Ride-On is pretty good at balancing and sealing holes in the tread, but I've not used it personally.

·
Registered
323 Posts
nope... the tire should seal tight to the rim without extra stuff. or... is it a K60?.

·
Registered
2013 v650
223 Posts
Where is it leaking??? Find out where and why it is leaking. New tire should not leak. Bring it back to the dealer and have them fix it. If it is a bad tire have them get a new one. It they damaged your rim. Have them get a new one. That is why you would take a bike to a dealer for a tire replacement. Don't just add sealer to a new tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts