Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my V to a local shop and asked for an estimate on how much it would cost to remove my oem exhaust and install my two bros exhaust, install crash bars and mirror widener addapters and they said 2 and a half hours at a total of $200 ($79 an hour labor).

I felt that they where inflating the time and price a bit.

i had read somewhere that some one did their own exhust in 30 minutes. thats removeing and installing the new one. the crash bars cant be that hard either since all your doing is installing them the adapters should take 15 min.

anyone have any experiances with shops and how long it would take to do this stuff?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Dealers use the labor estimates every part on the bike has been evaluated for how long it takes. Are they accurate? Maybe.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got a second estimate, $235 max.

maybe i was a bit eh what ever.... :eek:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Do it yourself - save the cash. This is the fun part of owning a motorcycle - being able to fiddle with it.

The only thing that could cause you trouble might be the exhaust. I'm not familiar with changing one - someone on this board I'm sure can give you advice of what to look out for.

But the engine guards and the mirror wideners - should not be a problem. Bolt and go. I just added the SW-Motech mirror wideners - an easy mod and a much better rear view.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think your right. pics to come.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Like Ocean said...diy is the way to save $'s. Then you have $ left over to farkle some more. Besides, once you do it yourself, you'll wonder why you paid b4.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The only thing on the exhaust is removing the stock can. You either have to pull the rear wheel or (as I did) loosen the pipes at the head so you can wiggle the stock can off the header pipe. That is about a 15 min operation from start to new pipe.
I'm still waiting on my HB crashbars, but don't anticipate that to take longer than 20 mins at best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts