Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would say it's past time for this change. I hate having to keep two different yet similar sets of tools in my garage.

Did you know that in 2008 and 2012 the majority of Americans did indeed vote for change? It was coined as "change we can believe in" I think? :D

·
Registered
873 Posts
Eww! That's too European for like for me. I mean really would you rather have a quarter pound cheeseburger or a 113.4 gram cheeseburger? or a foot long hot dog vs. a 30.48 centimeter long hotdog?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Metric system makes way more sense, but growing up I only ever knew American standard hence I have major difficulty visualizing things in metric measurements. Although °c however i believe should be standard world wide.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Metric vs British measures

According to the CIA (if you can believe them) 95% of the planet uses the metric system. Yet we cling to an old system that is harder to use and expect the rest of the world to measure and calculate to understand and do business with us (our way or the highway). :confused:

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Pffffft.

Works for me.

What's all the fuss about?

....unless you girls got less than six inches......

:eek:

Any man can be a king. But its takes 12 inches to be a ruler.:D:D

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
A harley buddy of mine told me that harley is selling so well overseas that the 2016 models will be metric.:interesting:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
So why are wheel sizes in inches?
But tire size are a melting pot of both

For instance, 205/60/16
205 milimeter
60% (of the 205 mm) profile
16 inches

And at one point Michelin made a series of ALL metric Wheel/tire, named TRX, directly issued from formula 1 (in the early to mid 80's)
Stock tire on Honda Civic SI and also BMW 5 and 6 series from that era

Had a set on my 2002 Tii
Those tire were has good on dry (and they were very good !!!) has they were bad on wet (scary bad, even at very low speed) ...

LOP

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
what about the putting month before the day sounds strange to me
I can understand writing dates a certain way. I put dates on my folders to help keep my photos organized. I do Year - Month - Day.

When speaking I say month - day - year.

When writing I may use one of the following: 10/3/2014, 3-OCT-14, October 3rd, 2014 and probably a few more.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts