Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how some of you guys secure your bike while on the trailer....I have hauled my bike twice,and both times the straps on the bars tend to put wiring and brake lines in a bind unless done just right,then the straps rub on the plastic fairing.....Just curious what the best ways you guys have come up with....
Hoodlum

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I have a wheel chock mounted on my trailer. I then put a ratchet strap attached to the bottom triple on each side pulling forward. Then a ratchet hooked up to the trellis on each side in the back, again pulling forward. I don't like to have straps pulling backwards. If 1 of my straps gives out all of my remaining straps are still pulling the bike into my wheel chock.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have straps with a loop on the hook end. Run the front strap through the lower triple bracket as Hawkshot says. This is such a stout attachment that you can reef it down pretty well.

I have luggage brackets on the back and hook the rubber hook on a lower portion of those. The rear isn't symmetrical--you may have to find a somewhat different rear attachment on each side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you guys have any pictures of your suggestions it will be much appreciated. I will be towing the Versys to my first track day and have the same questions as hoodlum. Any suggestions on straps also appreciated. Looked at Wallyworld yesterday and found 10 footers, 12 footers, etc., along with varying strengths.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts