Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a Thrush Turbo muffler and fabricated it to fit on my 2011 Versys. Wasn't very hard just needed the right parts, the old braket from the original exhaust and the right tools ( welder, band saw ) to do the job. Funny I see slip on pipes for 250 - 600 $ so ridiculous. I spent a total of 65$ and got I think a great exhaust. Took about 3 hours total work time once I figured out how I had and wanted to do it. I really like the sound and its so much liter than the stock set-up. Sound like a aggressive thump-er now instead of a scooter.:) you can see the finished product on my profile.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Looks great! Nice job on the money saving. Plus you get the satisfaction of DIY!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Looks nice. Do you know which model you used? How loud vs stock?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
:thanx:, I am happy with the outcome. Looks like its supposed to be there and its sturdy since I used the original bracket. Glad I didn't use a band clamp. The muffler I used was the thrush turbo 2" center inlet 2" offset out and the number on my receipt is ( 17702 ) and I paid 37.32 for it. Had to buy a 2" to 1 3/4" adapter for the header pipe. I also took a small length of fiberglass fabric to wrap the end of the header pipe to seal it. Only thing I could think to use since the parts store didn't have anything like what the original application had.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took one with my cell phone but it does not have a good mic on it so its hard to hear. I will see if I can't find a good camcorder and get some footage for you. But all in all I think it sounds great. If you want a list of parts I bought to do the job I can get a list together for you and maybe some pics to

·
Registered
101 Posts
I took one with my cell phone but it does not have a good mic on it so its hard to hear. I will see if I can't find a good camcorder and get some footage for you. But all in all I think it sounds great. If you want a list of parts I bought to do the job I can get a list together for you and maybe some pics to
Sounds good!(no pun intended) :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Great job and glad you are happy with the results.

·
Registered
250 Posts
:thanx:, I am happy with the outcome. Looks like its supposed to be there and its sturdy since I used the original bracket. Glad I didn't use a band clamp. The muffler I used was the thrush turbo 2" center inlet 2" offset out and the number on my receipt is ( 17702 ) and I paid 37.32 for it. Had to buy a 2" to 1 3/4" adapter for the header pipe. I also took a small length of fiberglass fabric to wrap the end of the header pipe to seal it. Only thing I could think to use since the parts store didn't have anything like what the original application had.
You are going to have to show up at Bike Night in Winooski sometime so I can hear this thing. Not going this week ( tonight ) but I often am there...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where do you meet for Bike Night in Winooski ? Maybe once we get some warm weather again I will stop up.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bike nights are every Tuesday from 5:30p until around 7:30p at Donny's in Winooski. Usually a decent crowd of mostly sport bikes but a friendly bunch. Free soda if you ride in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts