Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how the bar weights attach to the bars on a Versys? Do the have the rubber that expands as you thghten or do the have the type that cams and wedges? Has anyone had them off? I am asking because I have a set off a ST 1300 that I'd like to try but not sure if they will fit! Bar size is the same, just worried about the weight insert...

·
Registered
813 Posts
I switched handlebars a while ago, but If I remember correctly... the bar ends on the sock ones bolt into the handle bars... there is a spot inside the handlebars... so if you just remove the end weights and replace them with the new ones, use the same stock bolts (if possible) to screw them back in... you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Versys has a threaded insert welded into the end of the bar. The throttlemeister comes with new bolts of the correct length.

On the throttle side, you just have to add or remove spacers (supplied) to adjust the amount of locking tension to the throttle tube.

Very easy..

August

·
Registered
304 Posts
It's just a matter of unbolting the stock units and bolting on the replacement units. I installed Throttlemeister bar weights as they were heavior than the stock units and have a nice red band which matches my 2007 Versys nicely.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I used aluminum bars and grabbed a pair of expanding rubber grommets to use with the weights off an SV650. works fine.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Jeff, the facrory bar end weights come off but they're held in with red Loctite. You gotta reef on them to get them to budge.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you're pulling a Throttlemeister off another bike, don't forget to grab the bushing that goes under the throttle side grip and move it to the new bike....

.....not that I would have done anything like that.....:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts