1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Reactions: funflyingguy

·
Super Moderator
19,595 Posts
personally im not huge on throttle locks, i like to have atleast one paw on the bars when riding, but i know the pain of gripping the throttle on long free/highway rides. i have found a throttle assist to be a huge plus (and cost almost nothing) because you can hold the throttle without gripping it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Throttle-Clip-Cramp-Assist-Wrist-Cruise-Control/201562637525?hash=item2eee11c4d5:g:hQEAAOSwu4BV2tFx&vxp=mtr
I have had TWO friends CRASH as a result of having this "Cramp-Buster" on their bikes - in a tight turn to the right your palm can get jammed against it (happened in Alaska on my first ride there when my buddy went up the wrong STEEP driveway, tried to turn right, and his bike spun out), and in a sudden panic - again your hand can press against it (watched a friend riding a dirt-road here in AZ get into the soft stuff at the side of the road, then go flying into the desert until he hit a large rock and did a "flying-W" thru the air). The first did no appreciable damage, while the second damaged an engine-case, draining out the oil.

I do NOT ever recommend CRAMP BUSTERS!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I have had TWO friends CRASH as a result of having this "Cramp-Buster" on their bikes - in a tight turn to the right your palm can get jammed against it (happened in Alaska on my first ride there when my buddy went up the wrong STEEP driveway, tried to turn right, and his bike spun out), and in a sudden panic - again your hand can press against it (watched a friend riding a dirt-road here in AZ get into the soft stuff at the side of the road, then go flying into the desert until he hit a large rock and did a "flying-W" thru the air). The first did no appreciable damage, while the second damaged an engine-case, draining out the oil.

I do NOT ever recommend CRAMP BUSTERS!
in all the years of using them ive never had that issue , then again when im not using it (not on the highway) i just rotate it down out of the way (so your wrist would have to be bent all the way back to be even touching it) and the spin it back up into place when im on the highway and holding speed for long points of time.

again i only really recommend the cheap one because A. its cheap and 2. it only seems to grip the throttle (at least with the grips i have) when you really want it to, if you dont apply pressure like how you do when you grip the throttle it rotates around fairly easily

Reactions: Smiley

·
Registered
40 Posts
Was about to ask if anyone uses a throttle lock on the 300x but dug thru the threads and found this post. Ordered the Go Cruise. Thanks. Have had numerous throttlemeisters and one kaoko but this should do the trick.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i've used this cramp buster type accessory for my last 4 bikes, now the versys 1000. for the price and purpose, it cant be beaten.....

to avoid accidently catching it in a sudden emergency, i turn the device outward (upsidedown), which takes it out of the way of the normal throttle reach movement. it has worked great for me.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
I use this >> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ERXG4TM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
...very thin, aluminum, and fully adjustable, as I use it on 2 different bikes. Superior to the Kako I had installed on my V1K.
I have one that's very similar, actually two of them, one for each bike and they work perfectly.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/CherryPic-Junction-Cruize-Motorcycle-Universal/dp/B077S8291M/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=CherryPic+Junction+EZ+Cruize&qid=1556935079&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

·
Registered
40 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts