Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears there are three new tire choices available in sizes for the Versys. 160/60-17 & 120/70-17

Scorpion Trail 2 - to be released early 2015 it is said to fix the short life span issue of the current tire with dual compound technology

Dunlop Trail Max - Honda had Dunlop make this tire specially for the Honda NC700X, as a result, if you want them in the 160/60 and 120/70 sizes you must buy them from a Honda dealer. Although this tire model is sold everywhere the sizes the Versys needs are only available from Honda. Prices are reasonable.

Conti Trail Attack 2 - only some distributors carry this tire in sizes to fit the Versys

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to visit a Honda dealer. Saw these in the Versys size on a Honda NC700X out front and asked parts guy. Only Honda sells them in Versys size.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
that trailmax looks like a nice tire

looks like the trailmax tr91 (not as knobby) comes in an acceptable rear size

·
Registered
38 Posts
It appears there are three new tire choices available in sizes for the Versys. 160/60-17 & 120/70-17

Dunlop Trail Max - Honda had Dunlop make this tire specially for the Honda NC700X, as a result, if you want them in the 160/60 and 120/70 sizes you must buy them from a Honda dealer. Although this tire model is sold everywhere the sizes the Versys needs are only available from Honda. Prices are reasonable.
Careful with this one, one of my riding buddies just replaced his rear tire on his NC700X. He only got 1900 miles out of it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is just me, but I'm of the opinion that Dunlops are pretty universally terrible. This comes from never having had anything resembling a good experience on one. I personally wouldnt be too worried about not being able to get those for the V without going through a Honda dealer. I'm sure the other tires listed are much better anyway:mad:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah, after doing a bit more research- none of these tires are perfect.

To me the K60 is still the best option, but it's hard to find that 120/90-17 front...

·
Registered
186 Posts
This is just me, but I'm of the opinion that Dunlops are pretty universally terrible. This comes from never having had anything resembling a good experience on one. I personally wouldnt be too worried about not being able to get those for the V without going through a Honda dealer. I'm sure the other tires listed are much better anyway:mad:
Me, my boss, and my friend have had the exact same experience on all different type of Dunlops.... :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::badidea:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts