Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Those of you with aftermarket exhausts - do you notice a smell since you no longer have a catalyst?

6K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Kris 
#1 ·
Thinking maybe of fitting an aftermarket exhaust but I HATE the smell of catless exhausts. Wondering maybe if it's not an issue on the V650? Thanks.

#9 ·
#10 ·
I love the smell XD ... I feeel like a BAD BOY =P. Full titanium exhaust no neighborhood cat in my pipe. Sometime some company use packing grease if you left it on there you have to wait till it burns off.
Racing Line (Titanium)
S-K6R7-HT

This is the pipe I got without cat, has cat if anyone want one. (2015 Versys 650)
Kawasaki Ninja 650 2015 Racing Line (Titanium) - Akrapovič Motorcycle Exhaust (akrapovic.com)
that is a great looking pipe. the problem is that akra does not fit with the new generations V650, i mean if you install main stand or skid plate. I love Akra, but the leo vincie fits better; and both they are cheaper and smaller.

#18 ·
I did not notice any smell before, but now that I pay attention, there is some smell indeed. but me too, I like it. and the smell in this particular bike is very little. if that bothers anyone, fitting a small CAT can be a solution. Now the aftermarket companies are obliged to provide a small CAT to keep it legal. Some don't do that, but if you live in a country where the police control is very strict, you can show a proof that your exhaust is up to the euro norms. I know for a fact that in Germany, you cannot even change the handlebars without having permission, crazy...

#27 ·
all that smell pollution stuff. i don't smell any fuel, and have no issue with the exhaust when I stand in the traffic. I think that the underbelly exhaust is a great design. it is not so great for some who for some reason choose this bike for off-road riding. you cannot cross a river with that thing. but anyway, it is a matter of personal opinion. by the way, the older V can be fitted with slip-on that points to the back of the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.