Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a shop that had a 2015 LT in WHITE! I have this thing for white bikes and man it was sweet. I am doing all I can to NOT trade in for one at my dealer, they have a white one coming in, and keep my 2012 but it's hard. The 2015 has three things I really like ABS, the remote adjustment on the rear shock and the larger fairing with the tool less windscreen adjustment, to keep more wind and bugs off. I will see but I have a feeling I'll keep Mini Me. Drat it! :censored:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I was at a shop that had a 2015 LT in WHITE! I have this thing for white bikes and man it was sweet. I am doing all I can to NOT trade in for one at my dealer, they have a white one coming in, and keep my 2012 but it's hard. The 2015 has three things I really like ABS, the remote adjustment on the rear shock and the larger fairing with the tool less windscreen adjustment, to keep more wind and bugs off. I will see but I have a feeling I'll keep Mini Me. Drat it! :censored:
You can drastically improve wind protection on the Ver 2 bike with one of the many aftermarket wind shields available for <$150. Brakes can be improved with SS lines on the front and better quality pads.

The rear knob on the Ver 3 only adjusts preload, which is still adjustable on the Ver 2, just with more difficulty.

As for white, if you remove the colored plastics and take them to a body shop they can probably paint them fairly cheaply. The tank stays flat black anyway.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just do it. I'm about to pop for an MX bike I have no business buying but .... once that bug bites.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I also have a 2012 and want to trade it in on a new 650LT. The problem is that no dealer around here will give anything in trade for a 2012. They say that Kawasaki's rebate on leftovers is so good they don't want to take one in trade. My 12 is 11 months old and has $2000 in acc. on it. I would have bought the new one but the value on my 12 is so low I just passed.
I have my 12 for sale so if I sell it I will just go and buy new. I will loose the trade tax credit but that's not to bad.
870Buz

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'd like a nice shiny new 2015 in WHITE but I have Mini Me about where I want it and may just replace/paint the plastics. I have a hard time going back to making payments!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah...when the gen 3s first came out I looked at my 2013 and had to pause and reflect. I still think my 2013 color (blue) is the nicest. My 2013 had less then 6000 miles and felt like I needed to do something. I decided to invest in it and get it on par with the gen 3: Zero Gravity wind screen, OEM hand guards, GiPro gear indicator, Kappa hard shell cases, and Givi rear fender guard. Yup...proud owner of "new" 2013. I feel my bike is on par with the new bikes. :thumb:

No urge to go out and get myself in another payment situation. Maybe in a couple of years I'll jump on a v1000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts