Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
:thumb:Thanks for sharing buddy. Nov is a tight schedule for me with Divali and Thai Phuket tour.

:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went last year Thumper for 3 days but due to the fact I had to bury a workmate down there missed a lot of the races. Would be entering if I went in "Worlds Fastest Orange Versys" Great southern hospitality down there but man can the wind blow from the antartic. The trees on the southern coastline bend north.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are very exposed to wind and weather elements, down south just had bad snow storms, 100 miles north of me had the 7.1 quake and in the north island they are having floods. Where I live in summer we get warm nor west winds which blow in the general direction from Australia. Riding is fun as you can encounter 4 seasons in a very short ride distance so need to have riding gear that is versatile but its all about the adventure

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
New Zealand is on my bucket list.

FWIW, I once lived half a block from the Indian Motocycle factory where Burt Munro's bike got its start...before he got his tinkering mind wrapped around making it faster!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kiwis are a tinkering lot, the belt that the chile miners had around them to check on their vital signs comes from a kiwi, US special forces also use this belt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts