Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After debating long and hard with myself I do not think I am going to get a Versys. While I enjoy riding and the V was a great ride I still can not shake the paranoid feeling I have when street riding. I convinced myself I was bullet proof in my youth.(2 combat tours in the airborne Infantry) I no longer feel that way. I think it has something to do with being a new father. Anyways I have decided to take the money for the V and sink it into a Mini Cooper.

I still enjoy my dirt riding and plan to keep it up and when my daughter gets older I will get us a matching set of Hondas. I am currently letting wr250 dry out after swamping it.

I may post from time to time an impart my minuscule 2 wheel knowledge but I think it is time to let someone else become top poster.

However this may all change if I hate the car.

TTFN

·
Registered
144 Posts
I felt the same way

After debating long and hard with myself I do not think I am going to get a Versys. While I enjoy riding and the V was a great ride I still can not shake the paranoid feeling I have when street riding. I convinced myself I was bullet proof in my youth.(2 combat tours in the airborne Infantry) I no longer feel that way. I think it has something to do with being a new father. Anyways I have decided to take the money for the V and sink it into a Mini Cooper.

I still enjoy my dirt riding and plan to keep it up and when my daughter gets older I will get us a matching set of Hondas. I am currently letting wr250 dry out after swamping it.

I may post from time to time an impart my minuscule 2 wheel knowledge but I think it is time to let someone else become top poster.

However this may all change if I hate the car.

TTFN
I know what you mean. When my daughter was born, I suddenly received a big dose of mortality. I was detective at the local police department in Gastonia, NC, and a sniper on the SWAT team. I loved it. However, when my little girl was born suddenly I felt that I didn't have the right to die anymore if that makes sense. I was suddenly responsible for a life. It was a very profound feeling. So I know what you mean. But, it does get easier to deal with. I thought I was the only one that felt that way. Either way, I totally understand.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Understood

:goodluck:paladin,congrats on the new daughter.I always wanted a daughter,but 3 boys kept me plenty busy.All are adults now.Anyway, I enjoyed your posts and hope to see more in future.Cheers...........Lefty. Oh,yeah,CHICAGO,wheres that?

·
Registered
51 Posts
BY the way

About that Mini Cooper thing.About 3 years ago,my wife decided she had to have one.So,off to Orlando we went to the downtown dealer.So she test drives the one of color,etcetera that she wants.She decides she wants it.So we sit down to 'deal'.Well the deal was that we buy it,then,that day,but they keep it to use as a demo until they get a replacement for it in to the dealership.No embellishment here,just fact.I said,after asking for clarification,to be sure my hearing was o.k.:huh:,and I quote,"See ya!". Cheers...........Lefty.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i can totally relate, but sort of in the reverse, i had the same feeling for years, but after the death of my father, the loss of a great friend (a damn good marine) and a brother battling cancer hard, i sort of felt like" if there's something i wanna do i better do it" cause none of us know if there will be a tomorrow, i cherish every day, and the feeling of riding down the road, clears my soul of all the crap we face each day if only for a little while....best of luck to you

·
Registered
73 Posts
Completly understand... a child really makes you examine your life. My little girl is three, and I just started riding and I personally use the "I don't have the right to die" philosophy when I ride, and it helps keep my head on straight and ride to the best of my abilities and not take risks. Granted, that doesn't mean squat when the cager next to you has his phone rammed in his ear and is in a hurry to rush up to the next red light, but accidents happen everywhere.

Good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the kind words.

I did get the Mini.
the Mini is to most cars as the Versys is to most bikes, so a great choice if you had to revert to four wheels!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Well its been nice having you on the forum. :thumb:

I think its funny that the current top poster doesn't own a Versys & is not going to own a Versys... :D:D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice car - I have to say if your aren't going to ride a motorcycle then driving a mini with a tuna-top has to be the way to go.

We all have to make the decision to ride or not - and it's ok one way or the other.

Got to make the choices that are right for you. Maybe when your daughter is older and you are ready to ride - then maybe that will be time for you, and then maybe not. But, in the mean time - that mini is going to be a lot of fun!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I wish more parents would think like that... I have a friend that rides like a moron... I try to tell him he lost the right to do that when he became a dad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts