Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Im a new member and im from PH. I have a v650 non abs 2015 model and i want the abs version. Abs version just came out here in our country just this year. I just need your opinion if i should change to the abs or just upgrade to the v1? Thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts
Welcome From Canada

:welcome:to the forum****as to ABS I had a 07 and now my 2015 is the ABS version, would I go back to non ABS, no!!, would I spend extra to upgrade it*NO again, as to the 1000, I have the 650 ABS , weigh 200 LBs and have about 80 pounds extra on the bike with side cases and top case, this bike will do 80 MPH all day with 2 people, if you are plus 250 pounds and a big guy, you may want more power all the time like the V1000

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/5-member-introductions/205361-wizard-member-intro.html

·
Registered
971 Posts
My 2015 is the first bike I've had with ABS (I've had many over 50+ years of riding) and I didn't miss it before and if I got another bike without it I wouldn't miss it now. I have always anticipated problems and there for I'm usually braking before some thing actually happens. I have had to hit the brakes "hard" with the V once. Did the ABS activate? I don't truly know as my braking habits are such that I always think about locking them up and never hit them "that" hard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the advice. Because im thinking that 2015 and 2018 model is just the same its like im just putting abs on my 2015. Do you think its a good idea to sell the 2015 and buy the 2018 or just stick to my 2015 and wait for the next model. I got this thinking because i had experienced 2x sliding my rear wheel and recovering on the first but unfortunately on the 2nd time i did not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Though I've never had a problem with hard braking on non-ABS bikes, I think my next bike will for sure have ABS. Why not? But, would I sell my bike just to get one with ABS? No.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<a href="http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/images/smilies/welcomesign.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Welcome Sign" >:)</a> aboard!
Thank you. Nice to be here in the forum

ABS- its good to have but not a must...you should learn to anticipate your braking and not depend on ABS..
Traction Control Braking- TCB-III Aftermarket Motorcycle Brakes Upgrade- TCB Brake Systems
i have installed this both Front and back and it provide a little play before full wheel lock..
I will consider this. Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts