Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello folks,
i'm looking around for a good commuter bike and i'm leaning towards the versys.
i test rode a 2009 model and came away with a good impression overall. Nice little bike. I like the power delivery on the low and mid end.
Also, the foot pegs should be a little lower since my knees where bent in an uncomfy angle.
Brakes aren't great, but SS lines should help. i wish it had ABS. not for us North Amurricans.
I'm researching:
common problems
common mods

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Look thru this site, much info. Common mods are Speedy's stuff: kit to lower pegs, kit to lower entire bike, cut the ugly-ass tail off the back with a saw, black out some bits, add a fuseblock or aux power outlet and/or heated grips, do a seat mod. Some change out exhaust or windscreen. Magnetic tank bag or panniers or seat bag. Other stuff as desired.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Have not seen many complaints of that on this board when using OEM exhaust setup, which seems overbuilt, if anything. Also add to farkle list these two items I think are very important: Radiator cover and front fender extender. I had a small pea-size rock take out the radiator fan when it wedged between the fan and radiator. I think the fender extender would have prevented that. The radiator cover protects the front but you still can have gravel chips bounce off the engine and hit the backside. Evotech cover is very nice; see Capn Kirk's install thread for that.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Can be adjusted between three positions using a wrench and wellnuts. Can't adjust it on the fly. Many like a bigger windscreen, some like no windscreen and rely on better helmet aerodynamics. Lots of windscreen threads and recommendations on this board.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts