Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've been checking out a ton of videos and threads about the Leo Vince exhaust systems, and so far I like everything I see. It seems to be the best in terms of a good sound (and slight performance) upgrade without the bike sounding like a coffee can that'll piss off the neighbors. I do like how the Versys is generally a quiet bike, but I'd like to give it a little more character.

I've mainly only seen references to the under-body system: http://www.leovinceusa.com/Road/Underbody.php

Is this the one I should look at getting for the easiest hookup? I'm hoping this is something I can do myself without any major surgery.

Also, is there any discount for being a forum member? I see the link for 18% off (only full systems?) but it never tells you how to take advantage of it.

Thanks as always, and happy riding.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have the LV underbody style pipe. Goes straight on (although I did remove the rear wheel to help even though I could have squeezed it in), looks and sounds lovely, IMO. It's not too noisy with the baffle in place, loud as f*** with it removed. It's about half the weight of the oe can and also beautifully made. Highly recommended. :thumb:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it can all be done with the rear wheel still on? I hope so, because I don't have a stand or anything yet. Glad to hear your recommendation.

Any suggestions on where to buy one?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Others have fitted it without taking the rear wheel off, I didn't.

As for purchasing, I got mine from Germany, so no help there then.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the sbk oval (with db killer in place)

sounds awesome, deliciously deep and thumpy at low revs and scootin around town but barely noticeable at cruising speeds

bolted right up with the rear wheel still in place, I just removed the footpeg assembly to gain easier access for uninstalling the oem silencer

my butt dyno tells me it picked up a step in the low/mid range but feels just the slightest hair more sluggish with high gear roll-ons

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the sbk oval (with db killer in place)

sounds awesome, deliciously deep and thumpy at low revs and scootin around town but barely noticeable at cruising speeds

bolted right up with the rear wheel still in place, I just removed the footpeg assembly to gain easier access for uninstalling the oem silencer

my butt dyno tells me it picked up a step in the low/mid range but feels just the slightest hair more sluggish with high gear roll-ons
Thanks for the info! Would you happen to have a picture of it installed?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the info! Would you happen to have a picture of it installed?
sorry I don't have a pic with it installed yet as I just bolted it up recently

there's a dude with the same one in this video: http://youtu.be/e97Mtj0j7_w
you can get a feel for the sound plus see it on a versys at the end

most of it resides under the body with the outlet angled to the right

I did not use the included yellow decal on mine, looks meaner and cleaner

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have mine equipped with a Leo Exhaust as well, my Dad took it up there to have it done when he owned the bike. Call the N.American office in Richmond, CA. I have it on good accord they are military friendly, as I know of guys stationed out at Travis that have also taken their bikes there. They released info yesterady that they just opened a tuning shop for race prep as well. I'd give them a call directly to szee what you can work out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts