Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, I know the OEM muffler is tuned to work with the stock map. m question for you guys is this.
1. any of you have a 2 brothers can? how do you like it?
2. will I require a trip to the dyno and a re map? how much am I looking at spending for that kind of work?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm still running the stock exhaust, so I'm no help there. I was wondering about the 2 brothers also just to get some more noise from the bike.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I actually just took mine off last week.
It changes the sound significantly. Sounds like a race quad when you get on it.
pretty sweet growl at low speeds and even idling.
It's not proven but it felt like it had more low end power. You also never forget to shift and cruise along at 9k rpm like I do with the stock can (therefore improved gas mileage up to 50-52 from 45-48)
If you have any specific questions let me know. I may even have a potato quality video of it somewhere...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Rode with a person with one once. I could easily hear them over my Arrow as I was riding along.

Sounded great, but to loud.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
My 2008 came with a 2 Bros installed but I replaced it with the stock muffler (also came with the bike) after a handful of longish rides because I couldn't abide the constant noise. It's loud!

Besides being tiring on long rides, it rather pi$$ed off my neighborhood because there is no way to sneak out of the community. I also didn't like the fact that the exhaust roar blocked other traffic sounds I thought it wise to be able to hear. As I age more and more, I find that racket doesn't impress me and I've become much more interested in seeing and hearing what's going on around me while in the saddle.

The other side of the coin is that the Two Brothers slip-on muffler is well made and probably almost worth the price. Just my two cents for what it's worth.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes I forgot to mention how loud it is. I added the P1x tip which helped quite a bit.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I had a Two bros on my 650 R. It came on the bike and was the carbon fiber one. It looked nice sounded good (very loud), but after about 4k miles the rivets tore through the carbon fiber and the whole back of the exhaust flew off on the highway. Two bros customer service told me there was nothing they could do and I ended up with a muzzy which I preferred. I cant seem to find a muzzy for the versys, so I am now debating between a IXIL, and a Delkevic.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts