Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Modified handlebar clamp/plate thingies. Personalized engraving.... perhaps a window like on the 650r Ninjas... maybe a billet plate with attached waterproofed microswitches... something. I'm tired of E.T. staring at me when look down.

2. More affordable racks for top-boxes and such. Seriously. It's not funny anymore.

3. Color-matched rear shock springs.

4. Monoblock caliper options.

5. Why does my green and black bike have a silver swingarm?

6. A real underbelly bash plate with a kit for the oil drain plug.

7. A fuel tank making use of the space currently occupied by the plastic frilly pieces.

8. Switchable engine performance mapping. I'd like an uber-economic-fuel-consumption mode. But, that's not bound to happen.

Some other stuff. I dunno. I'll think of it later.
Would anybody like to trade their black belly plastics for my silver set?
And are there any models with black rearsets? Maybe someone would like to trade with my silver ones...
Looks like my Dad helped design the color options... the only thing missing is wood paneling.

·
Registered
303 Posts
yeah self cancelling turn sigs. ABS. Wonder if anyone out there is listening?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Kawasaki isn't. Aftermarket folks might.
Just have to get enough people interested in the same thing.

It's not like they CAN'T make a real bash plate. We can split atoms, for Pete's sake.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've thought of this for a while...

Gear position indicator

Analog speedo option ( i hate digital speedos)

dimmer high-beam indicator (holy crap that thing is bright)

Center stand

+4 on self canceling signals

Mirrors that work

+1 on the huge fuel tank (BMWs have like 7-8 gallon tanks on some models)

pegs that are made to support a rider that is over 180 pounds

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 650r guys switch their analog gauges with our digitals. Plug and play, if I remember. A reverse mod is surely possible. Might even make a coupla bucks profit

And, before somebody mentions it - there are turn signal cancellation units. Some work on a timer, and some (I think) work with number of blinks.
But, you're exactly right. I don't want to buy one - I want it to come stock.

Cue a flame-war in 3....2....

·
Registered
157 Posts
I thought ABS is available on the '10?

My dealer told me that, even though he personally thinks ABS is great and well worth the $$, as a business man he doesn't order bikes with it as most people dont like it well enough to cough up the almost 1k to have it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm sure all these things would be nice. However, this being my first bike, I love it just how it is. Besides, the more options a maker starts adding stock, the higher the price gets.

The best thing I like about my V is the price for what you get.

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts
the more options a maker starts adding stock, the higher the price gets.

The best thing I like about my V is the price for what you get.
Exactly... If people want a bike with all the options send kawasaki a detailed list and a blank check. I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Exactly... If people want a bike with all the options send ducati a blank check. I'm sure they'll be happy send you a multi.
fify. :)

·
Premium Member
7,879 Posts
Exactly... If people want a bike with all the options send kawasaki a detailed list and a blank check. I'm sure they'll be happy to help.
+10, nothing like getting your hand dirty with all the Mod work and you get to customize your ride. That's the whole thriller about the V.

:cheers:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
.... and lift-off.

Awesome.
Yeah, actually, you're preaching to a mech engineer with experience in major diesel engine design who's trying to find a nice little interesting parts business to pay the bills as I go through med school.
I was trying to gauge interest for new parts, and see how long a brainstorming session would last before turning into a d!ck measuring contest.

So, I'm taking my patents, SolidWorks, and available machine shop where the people aren't so smug.

·
Registered
670 Posts
smug or funny... eye of the beholder, i guess. your original post sounds like musing, which does not necessarily call for feedback. it might have helped if you had stated your intent.

fwiw, for me, the most interesting thing on your list is the rear rack, if it's priced right, givi compatible and plays well with grab handles.

for most people, the next most interesting thing might be the bash plate. but you might check with the algard guy to see why he shut it down. i imagine there's a cost/volume challenge in there somewhere.

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts
.... and lift-off.

I was trying to gauge interest for a d!ck measuring contest.
I'm in as long as your old lady holds the Yard Stick:teetertooter:

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts
Now that was mean, you quoted him out of context.:)

He took his ball and left anyways.

:guilty: But if he was trying to sell stuff all he had to do was be up front about it.People here would give him all the help and info he needed.but when you try to be slick you have to have tough skin because some here will have a little fun with ya.:stickpoke:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts