Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email today from my gym. It prompted me to open the app and look around, and I found myself on the "contact us" link.

I sent an email telling them how much I miss them. It seemed silly, but I did it anyway.

I miss my guitars. They're all locked up at my church. Even though I don't have time to play right now with my crazy work schedule, I miss having the option.

What do you guys miss doing lately?

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Funny I always thought it would be sweet to work from home, now after a few weeks I miss the personal interaction with my co-workers and students. I also miss being able to go out to a restaurant or bar. Hopefully it shall pass soon and we can get back to "normalish".

·
Registered
161 Posts
Fishing, riding my V650, hanging out with my guys, bars. Interaction with people not so much.

I can ride motorbike only in my municipality (I have about 40 km where I can legally ride at this time without pass permit).

In 4 week how I work from home, I was outside my yard only 5 times.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I miss going out to eat the most........I'm a good cook and so is my wife, however, it's nice to have someone else do the cooking and cleanup. Too much snow and cold to do much in the shop this week....maybe next week (supposed to be in the 60's again.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I miss going out to eat the most........I'm a good cook and so is my wife, however, it's nice to have someone else do the cooking and cleanup. Too much snow and cold to do much in the shop this week....maybe next week (supposed to be in the 60's again.
I can vouch for that.

Howdy y'all.

I miss hugging my grand babies.:frown2:

So far I've missed out on two COG(Concours Owners Group) rallies and postponed my fitment at Terry's Custom Seats to early September.

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
I miss my girlfriend going to work.....Right now i could use some Social Distancing from her...:grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Working from home, always having to be on the computer or the phone, with a 16-month old girl in the house, is tough. Mostly because I feel like s*it having to tell her "daddy has to work" all the time.

I miss our friends. Hanging out, adults and kids in one big pile, starting a fire, cooking together, laughing...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I miss the following:

My mean green V-650 that burned up in my garage fire 4 days ago. Yea I know there are other bikes out there to replace it but I had it totally tweaked and tuned to my particular likes.

My mountain bike that also burned up in the fire. It was an important part of my exercise routine.

My garage and tools and the ability to go out and build or fix something.

Going to church. Watching online is just not the same. Home bible study group has been relegated to Zoom meetings...yuk sucks.

Really miss going to the gym. Was a 3 day a week routine that relieved stress and made me feel better.

Shopping at the store, enjoying fully stocked shelves, without folks running around with masks on.

Our liberties supposedly guaranteed by the bill of rights.

Ok I'm done.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I miss the following:

My mean green V-650 that burned up in my garage fire 4 days ago. Yea I know there are other bikes out there to replace it but I had it totally tweaked and tuned to my particular likes.

My mountain bike that also burned up in the fire. It was an important part of my exercise routine.

My garage and tools and the ability to go out and build or fix something.

Going to church. Watching online is just not the same. Home bible study group has been relegated to Zoom meetings...yuk sucks.

Really miss going to the gym. Was a 3 day a week routine that relieved stress and made me feel better.

Shopping at the store, enjoying fully stocked shelves, without folks running around with masks on.

Our liberties supposedly guaranteed by the bill of rights.

Ok I'm done.
I keep thinking I need to figure out how to get my guitars back. Hopefully soon.

I mentioned to my wife yesterday that I've thought about breaking into my gym. I figure I could get a good pump in before the police show up.

She said the sheriff might show up and work out with me. It seems missing the gym and church are pretty universal around here.

I'm seeing more and more groups mod motorcycles running around. People are going stir crazy.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts
Speaking of guitars, I was listening to these 2 songs while my garage was starting to burn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfQC5qHhbo&list=RD_DfQC5qHhbo&start_radio=1

This one is the one that got to me later when I realized what was going on while I was listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32GZ3suxRn4&list=RD_DfQC5qHhbo&index=2:surprise:
When I "clicked" on that video - it started w/ an advert starring Chris Hadfield - a Canadian astronaut. Besides my having met Chris, his brother Dave flew as my first officer on the 727 way-back-when.

Brought back some GREAT memories!

:yeahsmile:

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
638 Posts
I still get out some and with the nice weather have been able to walk everyday and do some rides. But working in the some house/office environment with my wife can be touchy. Part of that has to do with my work flow coming to an end at the end of this week. If I don't get some of the 2nd wave of the PPP program, I'll have to start pulling out of my 401K in a couple of weeks and have to lay off my son who is my only other employee. I like to work hard and use my brain, but the lack of demand for my product sucks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Good news. I got a little PPP money to keep up alive and am starting to get some more work in the door. Other good news is that KY is opening up some business, so our hotel is available to us this coming weekend for a little 500 mile Memorial Weekend run using Lexington as the heart of a cloverleaf ride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts