Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but all is not lost ;)

it was ultra still this morning. the river was warmer than the ambient air temp which made these ground clouds crawl along the surface . . .

the bump on the bridge is a semi . . .

frost on the hood . . .

the annual color shift . . .

and the last of the live food, 2 lbs of shorty habaneros . . .

and 20 lbs of romas, got make a enough salsa to survive the winter . . .

had to go dig out the spidi h2o, balaclava, and woolen under gear this morning. lots a great days left to ride before the snow flys but . . . theres a change a coming :D

cheers :cool:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Beauty pics man. One can't have too much salsa, but thats a lot of salsa.
I'm trying to imagine the increase in heat by the time springtime rolls around...pass the milk!:eek: MMMM salsa!

Can you post your recipe or is it a family secret?

ED: Thanks for slipping in those Maple Leaf picks...always nice this time of year.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's amazing the difference just one week makes. It was 45 degrees this morning on my ride to work. Last week, it was still around 70 at 6:00am.

Nice color saturation in those photos too :thumb:

David

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice photos!

While your season draws down ours is in some ways just starting. Highs are finally under 100 and mornings will be getting into the 60's this week!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beauty pics man. One can't have too much salsa, but thats a lot of salsa.
I'm trying to imagine the increase in heat by the time springtime rolls around...pass the milk!:eek: MMMM salsa!

Can you post your recipe or is it a family secret?

ED: Thanks for slipping in those Maple Leaf picks...always nice this time of year.
thanks G Ron :D

gotta love the maples when there popping red like that :thumb:

no real secret on the salsa, its just built to taste. well do some kinda pre-fab canned and the rest like a kit that you can make later.

big handful of peps in the blender (ditch the stems 1st), add olive oil, lil sea salt, and roasted garlic. run it till its a paste. pour the paste in small amounts in an ice cube tray and freeze'm. the minute there solid, pop'em out and wrap each in some plastic wrap. put them all in a double bagged freezer container and your good to go the rest of the year.

so its the dead of winter; you get out one of your green ice cubes from hell, thow it in the blender with a jar of the romas (canned earlier), add some fresh cilantro, half a sweet oinion and hit GO.

and, its summer again ! . .. . . . . well, not really but it taste like it for a minute.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's amazing the difference just one week makes. It was 45 degrees this morning on my ride to work. Last week, it was still around 70 at 6:00am.

Nice color saturation in those photos too :thumb:

David
thanks on the pix, its just a crappy point and shoot but it works ok :thumb:

i hear ya on the change, it was like somebody flipped a switch :eek:

Nice photos!

While your season draws down ours is in some ways just starting. Highs are finally under 100 and mornings will be getting into the 60's this week!
thanks,

thats great its getting nicer, ive been out your way a few times, i really like it out there :D

·
Registered
875 Posts
Thanks Bildhauler

Sounds mmmmm good. I'm writin' that down.....ice cube trays eh?!
We've got friends we play cards with on Fridays and buddy likes the hot stuff. This recipe/technique will put a smile:eek: on both our faces I'm sure!
The wife has a hot sauce recipe he's been after her to make him some for a long time now, for some reason she hasen't and this may make up for it.
Thanks again and Cheers!:teetertooter:

OOPS spelt yur name wrong...sorry!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Great pic's, being where i am the days are getting warmer and longer so more riding time coming up as we head for summer

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Great pics! Nice feel to your post! Very "fall-ish". I could feel the chill in the air. We've been having REALLY nice weather lately. I'm LOVING it!! Lots of riding. No leaves turning, though...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds mmmmm good. I'm writin' that down.....ice cube trays eh?!

OOPS spelt yur name wrong...sorry!
yep, ice cube trays. depending on what the tray is made of you might not want to make ice with it after that :p

2 other quick thoughts;

you can also swap out fresh celery for fresh onion (then less salt)
you can also skip the paste and use canned chipotle if you cant find fresh peps

no worries on the name, enjoy :thumb:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great pic's, being where i am the days are getting warmer and longer so more riding time coming up as we head for summer
ah yes - beautiful country youre in there, i hope to make it back your way someday :D

Great pics! Nice feel to your post! Very "fall-ish". I could feel the chill in the air. We've been having REALLY nice weather lately. I'm LOVING it!! Lots of riding. No leaves turning, though...
thanks Bear, yea enjoy that weather while its good :thumb: must be a relief to cool off a bit

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I felt that yesterday Bild. Closed the windows in my attic. They won't get opened again til June.:(
yea i hear ya, i need to do the same. kinda mandatory - im falling behind on chores again . . . :(

how's Beantown ? (used to live out that way)

·
Registered
623 Posts
I know, it's absolutely beautiful. I'm dying to ride out to hill country but my stoopid rear tire isn't wearing out fast enough. Got a new one sitting in my living room...think I'll change it out a little early.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts