Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several months ago my wife and I went to Tombstone, and I looked forward to returning, particularly to eat at the Helldorado Restaraunt, where they have some really good burgers.

So off we go....

Cotton ready for harvest along the way, east of Coolidge.

I like windmills...if you look closely you may be able to make out one in this picture.:D

The perfect road sign...

Found this little fellow along the way. I guess it was a he...

Here is my attempt to take pictures of horses from a distance through the bent spokes of an old metal wheel. You can tell the horses by the brown splotches in the background. The brown splotches in the foreground is cow poop. So much for artistic photo ability via a BlackBerry phone. :eek:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One of these bikes is not like the rest...:)

OK, so on to the cheeseburger I rode 180 miles to get.
Ooops, guess not!

Determined to get a bacon cheeseburger somewhere, I pay nine bucks for this at a different place. Well, OK, only $7.50- the Diet coke was $1.50.:eek:

Although the blackberry cobbler was not bad. Burn-the-roof-of-your-mouth hot, fresh from the microwave!

Stage driver and nags taking a break. I see he brought his lunch with him. Next time maybe I'll do the same!

Some AZ scenery....

And so sets the sun on another fine day of riding in beautiful Arizona.

Thanks for viewing!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They really do an amazing job traction wise. Front tire has a pretty significant whine to it on pavement, though.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Great photos! The spider was scary as hell. Just never understood why people take pictures of their food and post them?

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Just never understood why people take pictures of their food and post them?
Because riders get hungry and it is nice to stop at a place other than the chain fast food places that someone recommends and shows pictures of a great meal on the road.

I appreciate folks recommending places to eat that I might otherwise just pass on by. I have experienced some great local cuisine based on other riders recommendations.

Sure didn't know Cotton is grown in AZ, but I guess it makes sense since there is egyption cotton.

Thanks for the writup and the pics.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I've actually kind of wondered about those food-posting photos myself!:)

When in Rome, do as the Romans, do, I guess. lol It was still a good ride even though the one cafe was closed.

Another one- how about the photos of the 'new' tire before the trip, and then the 'wore out' tire???:D

It is the same Tombstone, stlee29, as Buckeye pointed out.

Not really sure what the residents do there to make a living...walk around in 1880's type clothing for curious tourists, I guess. Sometimes you will see a lady on the sidewalk in Tombstone all fancied up in dresses of that era, sun bonnet, etc., and then they'll be on the corner talking on their cell phone. Kind of funny...

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Several months ago my wife and I went to Tombstone, and I looked forward to returning, particularly to eat at the Helldorado Restaraunt, where they have some really good burgers.

So off we go....

Cotton ready for harvest along the way, east of Coolidge.

What kind of gas mileage do you get with that windshield and tire combo?​

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I keep track of my fuel mileage via that Fuelly website thing...lifetime average on the bike w/ 5,000 miles is 48 MPG. That's with a 43-tooth sprocket in the rear.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts