Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured it was yet another cryptic notation placed deliberately to look random (or is it?) by an Illuminati.:confused:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
We shouldn't be telling you this... That is, in fact, the EXACT date of the true Mayan end of the world; down to the second. Now your mission is to find the codex that allows you to decrypt it. :goodluck:

Only you can solve the mystery!
:funnypost:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Going over the bike and found writing on the back of the case looking in from the back tire. Any thoughts on this?
49th motorcycle in the line that day.
22nd part from the parts bin.
12th month of the year
Tech ID #5
AV - all-terrain vehicle designation
BM - stands for Bitchin Motorcycle

Just my best guess of course.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You buy the bike new? Do the engine numbers match up with the bike as original stock?
Looks like stock part numbers from a wreckers at a guess but they have a deliberate pattern that is more than a part number would look like if it were my shop. Don't know what else it could be to be written there.
Assembly line guys writing notes on the engine would have to get a head slap for stupidity and a performance tuner? maybe? send the pic to a tuner to see if makes any sense to them? you got me thinking too now.

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,110 Posts
49th motorcycle in the line that day.
22nd part from the parts bin.
Tech ID #12
AV - all terrain vehicle designation
BM - stands for Bitchin Motorcycle

Just my best guess of course.

Thought BM - Stood For Bowel Movement. :teetertooter:

·
Premium Member
16,110 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK so this is the answer I received from Kawasaki CS:

"From what I was able to find, these numbers MAY represent sizing information for the crankshaft and connecting rods during assembly. " It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle.

Anyway, thought I would close the loop since I'm not going to look further.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts