Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i would share my views on the V vs the 03' bmw r1150rt. sold my beemer to the buy the V. did so for many reasons..... tired of the high maintenance costs, lack of dealerships in my area. parts upgrades were grossly overpriced... i bought the RT new so i had plenty of time to get a feel for it... drove it across the country once....it's a good bike but honestly... i think the V is way better.... the power to weight is better, less vibration, Lighter and just way more fun.. the RT was heavy and awkward with a passenger, The V seat is worse but nothing i can't modify to fit me...6'2" 190lbs... leg possitioning is just as good if not better, wider handlebars( i use to get a bad neck cramp on the RT).... When i first saw the V i was immediately interested but walked away when i found out it was only a 650cc, only till i rode one did i quickly change my way of thinking. this bike is every bit as capable of long distance riding as the RT. i was looking at the GS adventure dual sports, v strom, KTM bikes.... but for the price.... this thing is a NO BRAINER! what do i miss on the RT.....Shaft drive....electric windshield....but that's it.....what won't i miss.....pulling half the damn RT's fairings off to replace a battery that left me stranded!!! LOLOOO:yeahsmile:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts