Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
is anyone surprised that Detroit is #1? i think death would be a favor as appose to living there :D

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Here's a very interesting video (About 6 minutes) detailing how DANGEROUS the US is, compared w/ OTHER places....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
So much silliness packed into 6 minutes.

1. Yes, there is less violence in rich America than in third world countries. In my house, my well fed bird, cats, and dog don't eat each other either. And what's with Iraq in there? Is their murder rate influenced by how many we slaughtered?

2. Who is this evil liberal elite who want to ban guns? Is there more than 6 of them somewhere?

3. No one got killed in my backyard today, making it the safest place on earth. Don't mind that the population of my back yard is next to nothing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So the main point of that video is Gun Control Laws in the USA do not work. Doesn't everyone know that by now. All the gangland cities of America have the most strict gun laws, yet have the highest rates of gun violence. But I will tell you something that know one is willing to point out. The very vast majority of gun violence in America is Black on Black, in these gangland cities. Detroit, Chicago, Memphis, St. Louis, etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Just shows there is no real link between guns and murders. If you factor out the Black population of the U.S. we would have a homicide rate similar to western Europe.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
So the main point of that video is Gun Control Laws in the USA do not work. Doesn't everyone know that by now. All the gangland cities of America have the most strict gun laws, yet have the highest rates of gun violence. But I will tell you something that know one is willing to point out. The very vast majority of gun violence in America is Black on Black, in these gangland cities. Detroit, Chicago, Memphis, St. Louis, etc. etc. etc.
I'm guessing pot laws don't work so hot in states neighboring legal weed states either. When you can go next door to obtain your vice legally, it kinda defeats the purpose of trying to prohibit it.

As to black on black, I'd say more criminal on criminal. Google up any 1%'r gang on Youtube and you'll have hours of entertainment watching white guys kill anything that impedes making their black market capital gains. Want to get rid of violent crime, forget guns, make drugs, sex, and gambling legal. Voila.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The vast majority of gun violence in America is between black males in inner cities. However, the culture in this country will not confront that issue. Instead they focus on cops killing black people. For example in Jacksonville, Fl we average over 100 gun deaths per year. But guess what, 95 out of 100 of those gun deaths are in the a small concentrated radius of inner city ghetto's that are all black neighborhoods. Al Sharpton needs to bring that up, but he won't because it doesn't fit into his race baiting agenda.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
But guess what, 95 out of 100 of those gun deaths are in the a small concentrated radius of inner city ghetto's that are all black neighborhoods.
It doesn't matter if they are purple. They aren't killing each other because they don't like their color. They are doing it because it makes them more money. Motivations matter.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I'm guessing pot laws don't work so hot in states neighboring legal weed states either. When you can go next door to obtain your vice legally, it kinda defeats the purpose of trying to prohibit it.
Pot laws don't work, period. When the last three presidents were admitted dopers it shows that the laws just don't work.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It doesn't matter if they are purple. They aren't killing each other because they don't like their color. They are doing it because it makes them more money. Motivations matter.
I work in a "disadvaantaged" area...they kill each other because that is what they do, money is seldom the reason.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
I work in a "disadvaantaged" area...they kill each other because that is what they do, money is seldom the reason.
+1 :exactly:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Interesting, to be sure.

We live off a stretch of old Route 66.

A lot of people from all over the world come here to ride motorcycles (and some cars) on this historic road.

Many of them tell me that they were warned and discouraged about visiting the United States, what with all of that violent crime.

None of them have had the least bit of trouble, and nearly all of them have been very complimentary about their travels in the U.S.

I'm in Saint Louis, and work near Ferguson. We frequently have lunch at the Ferguson Brewery and have never been threatened.

But, I would like to add my own observation.... The news people always say when and where these murders take place. In nearly all cases, it's after midnight and in some $hithole downtown.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
But, I would like to add my own observation.... The news people always say when and where these murders take place. In nearly all cases, it's after midnight and in some $hithole downtown.
It's funny, I went to a predominately black middle school and probably half and half high school. I did my share of drug transactions and got in my share of scraps as a kid. NEVER was anyone using knives or guns. Once crack took over, everything seemed to change rapidly. Glad I missed that.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Interestingly Canada has a ethnic makeup that mirrors that of the US with similar immigration patterns, etc. yet we don't have the same violent crime rates that the US has yet have similar problems with drugs. I live in a city of approximately 1 million and am able to walk through all parts of the city safely 24 hours a day. About the only difference is the reduced prevalence of guns and less endemic racism.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Interestingly Canada has a ethnic makeup that mirrors that of the US with similar immigration patterns, etc. yet we don't have the same violent crime rates that the US has yet have similar problems with drugs. I live in a city of approximately 1 million and am able to walk through all parts of the city safely 24 hours a day. About the only difference is the reduced prevalence of guns and less endemic racism.
Anyone who paid attention to the initial video would note that the carnival barker narrating it did not compare the US to any other first world countries.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There were plenty of first world countries on the murder per capita list, that the USA is 112th on. More importantly is this guy is citing Wikipedia. Anyone with any type of education knows Wikipedia can only be cited anecdotally.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I'll have to call bull**** on that one. The Black population of the U.S. is 12 - 13%. The Black population of Canada is less than 1%. We also have a 12 - 13% Hispanic population. Coincidentally, our prison population is about 1/2 Black and 1/4 Hispanic.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Videos like this won't change the minds of those already bought into the liberal agenda of controlling the poor with handouts, and the scared with more control over law ibiding citizens. They might persuade some that are on the fence, and feed the anger and frustration of those on the other end of the viewpoint. In the end it only serves to further divide us.

We can all point out what is wrong or right with this video because it uses statistics. Statistics don't lie, but they can be used to support varied viewpoints. The right wing ccompares to 3rd world countries, the left side only wants to compare to civilized countries. The right says to drop the uncivilized cities and then compare to the other civilized countries. The left says that is not fair because then you don't count our constituency.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts