Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this over at ADVrider, and thought I'd share.
http://www.theworldgeography.com/2012/03/12-of-most-winding-roads-around-world.html

Col de Turini (el. 1.607m or 5,272ft) is a high mountain pass in the Alps in the department of Alpes-Maritimes in France.

Big Gate Road or the Avenue Toward Heaven is located in Hunan province, the road is long 10km (6.2 mi) from top to bottom.

The highest highway in all of the Philippines, the Halsema Highway takes about six hours to traverse.

The Transfagarasan mountain road or national road 7C is one of the most spectacular roads in the world. It is 90 km (56 miles) long and is located in Romania.

The Dades Gorge in Morocco is beautiful to look at, but not while you’re driving this twisty-turvy road. You could end up being part of the Gorge.

Twelve more for the bucket list...

·
Registered
859 Posts
We have such continuous switchbacks and hairpins over here.
Every time I ride them I wish I was in really car instead of a bike.

I should practice motorcycling more. :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya Ivan, we've got a lot near where I am too. I would love to ride Europe someday. I think I'm going to wear through the wear bars on the side of my rear distanzia before I do the center wear bar on my current tire for the first time in 57k miles on my Versys. :D Those roads all look like spectacular rides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts