·
Premium Member
16,223 Posts
Very Nice.....

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
more info on that trailer?
Don't mean to hijack the thread but if you're looking for a very good single rail motorcycle trailer I recommend the Port-A-Chopper. It's a stupid name but a great trailer. It isn't cheap but it's a solid case of "You get what you pay for." The only place I've ever seen it advertised is the American Motorcyclist Association magazine, but you can find it at Motorcycle Cargo Trailers : Motorcycle Transporter : Motorcycle Trailer for Sale : PortaChopper.com or by Googling Port-A-Chopper for more information.

It is very well made, can haul bikes as heavy as a Harley touring monster, tracks like it isn't there, and can be completely disassembled and loaded in the back of a wagon or SUV. We've had ours for about three years and are completely satisfied with it. The single option we added was fenders (the state of Maine requires them). In the winter we disassemble it and store it in a corner of the garage. If you would like, I'll take a photo or two and post them. And yes, I'd buy one again.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Google the name on the side. The floor of the trailer lowers to the ground so you can load the bike on without going up a ramp. Then the crank raises the floor for transport.
This.

I found it on Craigslist using search tempest. I think I paid around $1,000 used. I found a double a couple of months ago for $2,000. They have changed their name, but they are still producing them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looking forward to your comments after straddling this beautiful, albeit tractor style saddle. It looks very close to the design of my Russell Day Long Saddle on my FJR1300 but slightly smaller. That was the best accessory I added to my FJR as I did a lot of day-long touring. I want something similar on my Vx 300 in terms of touring.

Anyway, I had some input in the build of that saddle. Besides pix and vitals requested by Russell, I spoke directly to the builder and conveyed to him directly that ride height not be increased significantly over stock and that to compensate for any increase I wanted the front part of the saddle to be narrow allowing me to be flat footed while stopped. Additionally I didn't want to slide forward underway. I was very pleased with the result!

I assume you were afforded the same opportunity to provide data to Russell. So, I'm interested to know how much if any seat height was increased and if you feel like you're gradually sliding forward in the saddle.

Thanks!

-Tim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did 6 hours on it last Sunday. Very comfy. I think it raised me up a little more than the 1/2 inch promised on the site. I asked them to raise it the minimum amount to ensure a comfortable seat. That is what they did. It should go down 1/2 inch after break in. I don't think I am back any further, but it is hard to tell with such a short ride. This is my 3rd Russell, so I'm no stranger to the process. Seat bars and windshield are the most important factors distance comfort. I think I have all 3 covered.

I have a big Kappa topcase, but I would rather use soft panniers. I have the adventure tech soft saddlebag support kit. Do you guys think the Wolfman Rocky Mountain would be too big for the bike? Between the Biker's friend backrest and soft panniers, I should have sufficient storage to do some light touring.

Reactions: tfrazie
1 - 11 of 11 Posts