Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of talk on here about how a 800, or 900 twin would be an attractive alternative to the 1043cc power plant they're now putting in the Versys 1000. Makes sense. Not to disparage the 1K motor. Any sort of negative comments I've seen on the 1K motor were purely subjective. An even bigger big bang parallel twin is a compelling idea though. Think we could start a write in campaign to Kawasaki? :D

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Kawasaki's not listening. Myself and others had sent e-mail after e-mail trying to get the V1000 here.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
But if Kawi doesn't bring something with a little more motor I'll be going elsewhere. I'm drooling over this down in Texas. It's set up just the way i would do it..http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88531
Nice looking bike, I had a look at the Tiger 800 xc a while ago, IMHO one of the coolest looking bikes out there, not sure about the quality of Triumph bikes though. I figure one cant go wrong with japanese :thumb:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I see a lot of talk on here about how a 800, or 900 twin would be an attractive alternative to the 1043cc power plant they're now putting in the Versys 1000. Makes sense. Not to disparage the 1K motor. Any sort of negative comments I've seen on the 1K motor were purely subjective. An even bigger big bang parallel twin is a compelling idea though. Think we could start a write in campaign to Kawasaki? :D
Im pretty sure they wont be any 800/900 cc in the nearest time. Kawi is putting effort on making the V1K as popular as the 650.
The V1K isnt selling very well and the second hand/demo prices on them are ridicolous low now, that should be saying to Kawasaki management that somehing different is needed.

The Versys 650 is popular, but not so popular as the ER6 in my country, they sell 4 ER6 for every Versys. As a instep bike, as its marketed here, people tend to find it too tall.....Im not sure where Im going with this, maybe best to stay away from the computer while drinking beer :cheers:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's another thing. How would one go about getting ahold of a Versys 1000 in Texas? Or do I have to go to Canada and import the thing myself...I am from Michigan.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
That's another thing. How would one go about getting ahold of a Versys 1000 in Texas? Or do I have to go to Canada and import the thing myself...I am from Michigan.
That or Mexico....

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
14 grand for a V1K in Meh hee coh?! Holy crap! I can pick up a brand new Ninja 1000 for about 4 grand less here in the states.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It is interesting how we talk about how the 650 is enough engine 90% of the time....how the 1000 may not be worth the extra coin....then these threads pop up about how nice a 800/900 might be....ha ha. I know that if I did a lot of highway riding there's no way I'd be under 1000.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
800-900 cc? More vibration, more weight, more fuelly, more insurance. Would it be worth all that for the few occasions where more power is called for? Drop down a gear or two and the V gets me by rolling obstacles and I can still do the ton plus. At any higher speeds these semi-nekked bikes are not a lot of fun.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I do all highway riding and the 650 is perfect
Yeah, plus, throw a 43t rear sprocket on there and your V magically becomes an 750 anyway...not sure exactly how that happens.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah, plus, throw a 43t rear sprocket on there and your V magically becomes an 750 anyway...not sure exactly how that happens.... :rolleyes:
Mine has a 43 tooth on it, freaking love it. Highway cruising 75mph at low revs, right in the meat of the powerband. Makes passing easy, and no dropping of a gear required!

I want this motor

Husky Nuda 900R

In the Versys 650 body.

Pleaseeeeeee!?

And I want a Nuda for hooligan times!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine has a 43 tooth on it, freaking love it. Highway cruising 75mph at low revs, right in the meat of the powerband. Makes passing easy, and no dropping of a gear required!

I want this motor

Husky Nuda 900R

In the Versys 650 body.

Pleaseeeeeee!?

And I want a Nuda for hooligan times!
Husqvarna is a Swedish brand, now owned by BMW. Its exactly the same enginge thats in the BMW F800 series.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Husqvarna is a Swedish brand, now owned by BMW. Its exactly the same enginge thats in the BMW F800 series.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts