Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
i think we have all concluded that CJ brown setup looks the best. That is why i copied it. SW motech side racks and 720 series seahorse cases.

search in the google search for side cases+cj brown
Same here...just got the Seahorse 720's in today, and the only differences are that I have no hard top case (for now) and I'm using Happy Trail's SL rack with their puck-quick-release system. I'll post pics after I do the install this weekend.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Same here...just got the Seahorse 720's in today, and the only differences are that I have no hard top case (for now) and I'm using Happy Trail's SL rack with their puck-quick-release system. I'll post pics after I do the install this weekend.
As promised, here are the pics from my install of the 720s today, shown in my new commuter livery:

Library - 3579.jpg Library - 3585.jpg Library - 3587.jpg

The hardest part of this install was figuring out the measurements for where to drill the holes in the proper orientation against the supports. I had to use a Dremel tool to melt down some plastic in a few areas, and I also had to shim the lower pucks because of the way the forward support arm comes out at a slight angle.

Library - 3581.jpg Library - 3583.jpg

And here are pics of my V fully dressed for camping:

Library - 3569.jpg Library - 3572.jpg Library - 3575.jpg Library - 3577.jpg

Many thanks to all on this forum who inspired me to go the DIY route and save some major cash on my farkling journey. Cheers!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had seahorse cases on my Klr, and I'm mounting the same set on my versys, 2 720s and a 540. I'm going to use sw motech side and top racks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a set of Pelican side cases that I bought from a fellow member. He made the rack himself and modified the pelican cases to fit. It is top notch quality that rivals anything a professional company makes. I believe the cases are the 1420 or 1430 size. They hold a decent amount of stuff, but I recently ordered a Coocase to store larger items. I think the look of the Pelican cases are nice and they dont stick way out like the Givi V45 or some of the larger cases.

Just my $.02
Jason

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love my seahorse setup. Glad I got the steel locks as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts