Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently ride a 2008 Kawasaki C14 with 60K on the clock. I love the bike, but have been looking for a new one. I have been eyeing the new LT 1000 since I read an article about it a few months back. Today I walk into the dealer and BAM there it is! It looks amazing. They just got it on the floor. My wife and I are riding it on Monday. Does anyone else have a brand new one? I usually don't like buying new bikes, but I am hooked on this thing. Thoughts?

We do a lot of two up riding so I want something that will work for those good 9 day adventures.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
love the go fast copper :) welcome to the forums

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I test rode one 730 km and it's great. Goes well handles well it's just a little tall and heavy for me.
lower it and eat more and it will be perfect :D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
looking good on that 1000...I see many many happy smiling miles ahead for you and yours...for two up it's perfect...

:cheers:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Don't be worried about it being a "1st" year bike, the V1K has been on sale for quite a while and most of the important parts are tried and true.

You will miss the shaft though, I hate lubing the chain when I'm touring and that leads to chain adjustments on the road as I'm not lubing it enough. When touring you can easily do 500 miles a day, which is the "chain lube" interval, and it is a hasle to carry a can of chain lube and rags. The centerstand will certainly make it easier.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Does anyone else have a brand new one? I usually don't like buying new bikes, but I am hooked on this thing. Thoughts?
I think I second your motion.

I am waiting patiently for one to hit the floor at my dealer. I was sold on it at first sight and everything I've read about it since has only reinforced my decision. Anyway, my dealer's got the 650s, not sure what the holdup with the V1K is. I would think they'd load up a truck with the stock of Kaws for a few dealers and deliver everything to a dealer at once, but it looks like they deliver model by model.

I'm in Ohio and see a couple of dealers in Kentucky have the V1K, so hopefully, the anticipation won't keep me waiting too much longer. My busted leg from an accident last fall however...:(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked it up today!

Well I picked the bike up today. I think it might be the first one sold in the Metroplex here in the Dallas Ft Worth area. I traded in the C-14 and I am looking forward to riding the 1000LT for many years to come. The bags will be in later this week as will the hand guards. I also ordered the color matched factory top case. That will be here in approx 8 weeks. I am so ready to ride! Lets do this.

Oh yeah My Name is Jerry and I live in Plano Texas

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You may miss the driveshaft, but I think you will really enjoy the V 1000. Let us know how the test ride goes.

As I get older I want ease of use when touring.
I will miss the shaft drive but have had chains in the past, not really a big deal to me. The ride went Great! I bought it!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Well I picked the bike up today.
As the Mr Brightside soundtrack plays in my head..."Jealousy."

Looks great. Please continue to document your thoughts and experiences on your new acquisition. I need a regular fix and the media cycle has just about run its course. The pics are a nice touch. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
I am a little confused. The LTs don't come from the factory with the accessories? Or did you buy a standard and are adding accessories to make it an LT?

Did you confirm what parts are included in an LT?

Oh, and Congrats. The Versys 1000 definitely would not replace my Concours. I would feel like I was going backwards. I know some will choose it over the Ninja 1000, and some over the Versys 650. I have a friend that is interested who currently rides a ZX10R, ZRX1200, and ZZR600.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bought mine here in Aus a week ago we dont get the LT inclusions but they are listed as available options.. trouble was they didn't even have pricing !!!.. Got the pricing on day of delivery, last Friday so I have ordered Bags Box and Hand Guards .. Delivery for me ???? hopefully 4-6 weeks ??.. Till then I ride naked

Enjoy Lobo .. I am :)

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
Nice Bike...I'm Jealous.;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts