Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the heck the little light above the headlight on the 2013 V is for? Dealer had no idea asked 3 guys in service they were stumped. I felt dumb asking until everyone sat there trying to figure it out and were stumped as well.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It's called the "City light". It's on when the key's in the on position, as is your license plate light at the other end of the bike. I guess it's to make you more visible while hanging out in front of Starbucks at night or something....

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
It is the 'City light' as mentioned above,
but also called the 'Park Light' as it is also used (with the rear light) when you switch your Versys Key all the way to the right when parking in an area you want other to be able to see the bike and not hit it. In this position you can remove the Key, but cannot start the bike.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I replaced my city light and plate light with LEDs. They are much brighter.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I replaced my city light and plate light with LEDs. They are much brighter.
happen to recall which ones you used, and watts per? the choices out there these days are almost overwhelming

I know what base type I need and all, just not sure which led configuration might work best for the application

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I tried LEDs but they didn't last, so I went back to incandescent. The LEDs I used had a rectangular box with five LEDS...one per each of the four sides and one on the tip. The base of the rectangle was attached to the base of the bulb. Like: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047RK746/ One or two of the five LED emitters burned out. One or two of the bulbs in the kit were just plain defective. Think Chinese prisoner-staffed factory, not very automated, and gritty. I'd be up to try it again with a GE quality bulb....

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I had replaced the stock bulbs with white LEDs, 5 SMD type and the shortest one possible due to the lack of room in the lamp. The registration plate lamp was also replaced with the same type LEDs and it gives a nice white bright ambiance. It is coming to 3 years now and they are still good. I got them of Ebay and must be lucky to get these with good quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts