Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Versys 650
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather report said nice wather, but cloudy. It did not mention that it was going to be +4 (38.掳F) and rain going over the mountains 馃榿

Anyway, the weather got better and 400km was added to the bike. A good weekend :)
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Sky
Plant Helmet Tree Mountain Sky
Ecoregion Map World Atlas Parallel

Registered
Nice looking country. I too live close to the rocky mountains in southern Alberta and the weather changes very quickly in and around the mountains. At this time of year we have to worry about early snow in the passes.

Registered
Thanks for sharing.

We are just getting into good riding weather around here. Come November we do have to watch out when going over mountains, but we only have a few days a year where the roads might be slippery in the valleys. We also have to watch out for roads that never see the sun during the colder months. Black ice is a problem on them.

Registered
Versys 650
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just hope I can get a few more trips before winter sets in. Just love to drive in the mountains, and that terrain. Here is a video from summer 2020 on my Transalp (before I converted to Versys) :)

Registered
I so want to spend a month(or more) riding Norway and the rest of Scandinavia.

Registered
Versys 650
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I so want to spend a month(or more) riding Norway and the rest of Scandinavia.
You are more then welcome :) From mid june it is perfect. All roads are open and weather is good :) you can get snow. but usually gone in a few houres

Registered
You are more then welcome :) From mid june it is perfect. All roads are open and weather is good :) you can get snow. but usually gone in a few houres
I may explore this in more depth once the Covid crap dies down.
I know one of the most important things is to have a large travel budget even with extended camping.

Registered
Versys 650
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remember this. In norway you can camp almost any place you like :)

'You may put up a tent, or sleep under the stars, for the night anywhere in the countryside, forests or mountains, as long as you keep at least 150 metres away from the nearest inhabited house or cabin. This rule of a 150 metres distance also applies to camping cars and caravans.'

Registered
Remember this. In norway you can camp almost any place you like :)

'You may put up a tent, or sleep under the stars, for the night anywhere in the countryside, forests or mountains, as long as you keep at least 150 metres away from the nearest inhabited house or cabin. This rule of a 150 metres distance also applies to camping cars and caravans.'
That is part of the allure. All man's land?

Registered
Versys 650
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup... You can basicly camp wherever you want :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts