Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are probably tons of threads on this topic. There were several years ago when I was much more active on this forum...

Lots of us have tried lots of different things to address the rattle/buzz that comes from around the instrument panel / front body panels, etc.

I apologize that I don't have pics. I didn't realize the fix until everything was back together...

I noticed that where the headlight adjustment screws attach to the headlight reflector, the little plastic clippy thingys that snap in there were not staying in their proper place, resulting in a headlight assembly that was kind of flopping around inside. I couldn't adjust my headlight vertically or horizontally, so I took a little 5-minute epoxy and epoxied those little buggers back in. I fixed the headlight adjustment problem, and to my surprise, the rattle/buzz is gone! My 2011 Versys that I bought new in 2012, after almost 7 years, no longer buzzes or rattles!

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
I know there are probably tons of threads on this topic. There were several years ago when I was much more active on this forum...

Lots of us have tried lots of different things to address the rattle/buzz that comes from around the instrument panel / front body panels, etc.

I apologize that I don't have pics. I didn't realize the fix until everything was back together...

I noticed that where the headlight adjustment screws attach to the headlight reflector, the little plastic clippy thingys that snap in there were not staying in their proper place, resulting in a headlight assembly that was kind of flopping around inside. I couldn't adjust my headlight vertically or horizontally, so I took a little 5-minute epoxy and epoxied those little buggers back in. I fixed the headlight adjustment problem, and to my surprise, the rattle/buzz is gone! My 2011 Versys that I bought new in 2012, after almost 7 years, no longer buzzes or rattles!
Hum? I thought only the gen 1 had infamous rattle/buzz. My '11 never did which is why I chose to spend more on it than the '09 I could have swapped to from my '07 Ninja.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
My Gen 2 2011 had the buzz.
When I fitted the Speedie lowering kit, and didn't lower the front, the change in profile removed the buzz.
I guess that is a fringe benefit, and I like them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts