Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a simple, cheap and useful safety product I learned about via the Honda ST community. I liked the idea so much I bought a set and then wrote a Gear Lab story for Rider so more people could learn.

The ICE Device :thumb:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Man.. that won't get the ice off of my motorcycle at all!

It is a good idea though. I keep an ICE contact in my phone and this would be a good more obvious/apparent place to keep emergency information.

That being said though.. I'm an EMT and have worked/driven an ambulance quiet a bit. The only times I've seen anyone looking for emergency contact info at an accident scene is when they are trying to contact next of kin.. of the deceased.

Still.. the more available and obvious important information is, the more likely it is to be seen and used. An unconscious patient is typically a "load and go" situation. Throw them in the truck and floor it to the hospital while attempting to stabilize them.

I can see zero downside of carrying this information.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Great idea and a seemingly worthwhile produce. Ever since my Auto Cycle Union days, long long ago, in England, I've worn an ICE info disc or bracelet of some sort.

A while ago I settled on the Road ID bracelet (originally for bicyclists) and a high contrast decal at the center of my helmet chin bar that states "Emergency Data at Left Wrist" So far, knock on wood, I haven't had to rely on it. Only time will tell if it's a good idea. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts