Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could hear the enchanting music being blasted at high volumes from a few blocks away. The Ice Cream truck was coming and I felt a twinge of nostalgia for days of yesteryear. I always loved the Pink Panther ice cream treats or a Bomb Pop. Before long the truck was in front of my house and I stood waiting patiently for a chance to grab a treat.

Truck stops, window opens, and a friendly voiced asked what I would like?

There are stickers of all sorts of treats, candies, and cookies too. I see the pink panther and bam.........$2.50 for one, WTF? I did a double take. I bought this ice cream treat for $0.50 for most of my childhood. At most, $0.75 for a treat.

I really wanted that Pink Panther, so I sold my soul and got one. But as I was enjoying the gumball eyes I knew it was more than likely my last.

:mad:

·
Registered
805 Posts
I can relate. The ice cream man came past my house last year so I got ice cream for myself two kids and my fiancé. He gave us all the treats and as the kids were opening them he says $17.00. I looked around and was like what the hell did I just buy. needless to say I won't be flagging that guy down again.

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
The ice cream guy that comes by here is pretty reasonable. i get a can of coke and a frozen snicker for $2.00

·
Registered
421 Posts
As a kid I earned 25 cents an hour mowing lawns and doing yard work.
Also delivered 50 newspapers 6 evenings a week riding my bicycle 5 miles for a profit of $30 a month-that was BIG money.
A snow cone (shaved ice with flavored syrup) was 10 cents.

It's all relative.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts