Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I use that stand, but made a ramp of sorts using two pieces of 1x6 screwed together to get the rear tire about an 1 1/2 off the ground. The bottom board is about 18" long & the top one about 9". It's not very handy, but allows the handle to clear the reflector.

I bought this rear stand today because I read it works ok on the 2015 650. But I can not get it to fit, it interferes with the rear fender. Here's the post saying someone used it on their 2015 just fine. Maybe HF changed the size of the stand!? I don't know why it doesn't work on mine.

I'm attaching a photo, you can see I can't get my hand around the handle. It's frustrating because I drove an hour to pick up this stand.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I modified the Harbor Freight stand to make it longer. It's 2-3 inches longer now and will clear the reflector easily. I mounted the two towers further out on the handle. Since I am using 2 bolts on instead of 3, I upgraded them to grade 8 bolts, which by my rough estimates are about 10x stronger than the stock ones. I also put JB Weld over the mating surfaces.

That was probably way overkill. I could have just reused 2 of the 3 cheap bolts it came with and it would probably be fine. There's probably less than 150lbs load on each tower.
Nicely done!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good idea. Under the rear wheel I assume.
Right, I roll the rear wheel onto the paver. Gives me plenty of clearance. I move it while doing whatever and put it back in place to lower the bike. I put a spare piece of 2X4 under the side stand to level the bike.

·
Super Moderator
19,913 Posts
What kind of tire is that you are using? It looks good, I am about ready to replace my Avon Distanzia rear.
WHO were you asking...?

·
Registered
972 Posts
snip that bit under the plate and your good :) i have and use the same stand on my 08
That's what I did on my 2015.....although it worked with it still in place. Just need to wear a glove and push that plastic deal out of the way. Hardest part I had was finding a set of spools.

·
Super Moderator
19,913 Posts
This tire. What's the make? Looks awesome.
Shinko E705.

...Hardest part I had was finding a set of spools.
Ordered a set off Ebay (About $8 from China), but used two 8mm bolts until the spools got here, and here's a pic. First - BEFORE

Then - AFTER

·
Registered
204 Posts
Either a tail tidy or roll the back tyre onto a piece
of wood about 3/4'' thick. which of course raises
the bobbins nearly that much and then the handle
will clear that dangly bit of "mud guard"

·
Premium Member
16,258 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
All you have to do is hook one side (avoiding the fender), lift a bit while steadying the bike with your other hand; and when the fender is above the handle, turn the stand a bit to hook the other side. No need to cry or buy a more expensive stand. :)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts