Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few germs never hurt anyone in fact probably built up our resistance to virus's

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
How are the nanny's in NewZealand? They are insufferable here, with the exception of allowing lane splitting, which is about the only thing they haven't banned yet.

"If it wasn't for people, the World would be a better place.";)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Maybe you will now be forced to use "green" cfl candles that are self extinguishing & eat healthy alternatives to the cake w/ ice cream.:huh:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Thats why I hate kissing! Just kidding! :joke:

The people must obey cause the government already got your guns! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So how would a ban such as that be enforced?
Are they going to arrest the offending birthday boy/girl on their birthday?
Cup cake police task force is being formed and will leave no crumb's unturned and they are the law!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Any Australians care to weigh in on how, despite starting out as a continent-sized Wild West, Oz became seen (justified or no; we all know how stories work) as one of the most notorious nanny states on the planet?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wait a minute, they still let them use real candles? I thought the gov would have put a fire ban on candles and make them use flickering L.E.D.s instead.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All jokes aside the safety recomendation here for all children cycling under 10 is to have a adult with them, primary schools get out at 3pm here and there is a lot of parents picking up their kids because of so called stranger danger and road safety, kids are getting fatter with no excercise, when i started school early 70s just about all the kids got home by themselves on bus or pushbikes.
We have now moved away from the so called stanger danger here as most abuse of children is caused by people they know such as family or family friends not strangers and for the record I think this is a good move.

Just my rant but this world of PC is nuts as we wrap kids in cotton wool and when they step into the adult world they are screwed as the real world does not think everyones a winner!!

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
So i guess passing a Bong is out of the question.:teetertooter:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
All jokes aside the safety recomendation here for all children cycling under 10 is to have a adult with them, primary schools get out at 3pm here and there is a lot of parents picking up their kids because of so called stranger danger and road safety, kids are getting fatter with no excercise, when i started school early 70s just about all the kids got home by themselves on bus or pushbikes.
We have now moved away from the so called stanger danger here as most abuse of children is caused by people they know such as family or family friends not strangers and for the record I think this is a good move.

Just my rant but this world of PC is nuts as we wrap kids in cotton wool and when they step into the adult world they are screwed as the real world does not think everyones a winner!!
I too went to school through the 70s. I lived close enough to my elementary school to ride my bike or walk to school, so I did many days.
It's just sad that people aren't comfortable in their own neighborhoods anymore to allow their kids the experience and freedom to to something like walk to and from school. At the young age of 7 I was deciding when I had to leave the house so I could make it to school on time and I had a grocery list to fill on my walk or ride home (the store was on my way). At 7 I was responsible for getting to school on time and I held the grocery money all day and knew what to get at the grocery. How many kids today are able to do that? That doesn't sound like much of a thing but I think that's why I'm never late for work and good with money today.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts