Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......You were no Kenny Roberts.

Three instances come to mind.
1. 1983 near Alices Restraunt, Ca. Cranked hard over on my newish 1982 Yamaha Vision, going as fast as I dared with the speedo buried past 85, I got passed on the outside by a guy who must have been going 40 mph faster than me.
2. On the way to the USGP in 1989 my dad riding behind me remarked on how much clearence I had between my tricked out BMW R100's cylinder and the ground.
3. On my Ducati 900SS in 1995 in California on my favorite road I got passed by a Virago.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What I love is handing a sportbike it's arse on my V.
Now it has the R1 shock, I'm a bad man.

When I'm scared to go any faster.

·
Registered
28 Posts
May 1996, foothills in northern Ca. Me-1974 Porsche 911, him-1993 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel. He passed me in a turn and I fought like hell to keep up. Must have been a "local" is my story. :eek: (I know, not a bike but still fitting)

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
2010 on a solo trip around south island NZ on a road from Westport to Karamea on a very twisty narrow road with a good drop off the edge have to pull over on the down hill side because a local in a crappy old toyota was tight on my tail and i could not shake him. Have never pulled over before or since for a car in a twisty section.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
On my first MSTA rally, when I couldn't keep up with my new friends, then one's wife passed me on her 909 Honda. Yeah.

:funnypost: :clap::clap:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
It was either 1980/81 when I saw him in "Take It To The Limit"....wow!

When I was up in WV this past November tooling around on some of those awesome roads I came upon a local in a Blazer who decided to show the motorcycle guy how good he was. We were climbing up a mountain and he must've had it floored because we were doing eighty in some of those sweepers. Technically I could've gotten by on the straights but I was to busy enjoying the show. Unfortunately my gopro was already full. When we dropped down into a small town he pulled off quickly and turned around to a drive up ATM. I beeped and waved and thanked him for the thrill and he waved back.

Those locals can school ya!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts