Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 'UPS' just left....and I'm looking at a set of Conti 'Road Attack2's'.
They are BEAUTIFUL!
And because of the Holiday, They will more than likely have to wait until Tuesday!
Still and all, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.
(FYI I got nearly 11,000 miles on the OEM rubber:eek:...must have been made on a thursday:D).

The Greenhornet's gonna feel like a whole different bike and I can't wait!
Ride report to follow ASAP
I'm GEEKED:thumb:!
Just had to share.....
Everyone have a thoughtful Memorial Day...Peace on earth goodwill toward man.

OK>>>I'll shut up now.
Peace.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
They are beautiful for sure!! I have one on the front right now. I wish I had the rear as well. Damned Michelin PR2...

And I think you're gonna love the difference in grip and feel over the OEM's....

Oh, and have a great holiday weekend to you too!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
:(

UNBELIEVABLE....I had carcass showing at 2900 miles on the OEM

Have CONTI Motions on now....the great mileage mystery

Cheers

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
:(

UNBELIEVABLE....I had carcass showing at 2900 miles on the OEM

Have CONTI Motions on now....the great mileage mystery

Cheers
Carcass showing:eek:...after 2900 miles!!!!
Just kidding but, did you spend the whole time doing burn-outs? WOWSERS!
I can't imagine how anyone could wear away a tire so fast.
( I don't do dirt and have never done a burn-out )

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ride report, Conti Road Attack 2's

Just got off the bike after a fast hundred mile run with the new Conti's and...
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this is what it's like to have some serious rubber under you....What a transformation. These tires; along with the new 43 tooth "SuperSprox", have redefined how well the "V" handles.
She seems to defy gravity as she lays over in the twisties.
Braking is more linear, acceleration more planted, but the twists and turns have gone from being a blast to being...a religious experience!
and before anyone asks, i bought the tires from "tire Express" online. $272.00 for the pair and shipping was free. Tires and sprocket (with chain mods) installed by the good folks at Macomb Powersport ( where I purchased the bike) total $118.00 complete.
(BTW...put the factory original Dunlop's to bed with 11,1118 miles on them, well met old friends...rest in peace ).

New tires, new sprocket,...and what a day it was.
Be well.
Ride safe.
Peace.
:cheers:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tires and sprocket (with chain mods) installed by the good folks at Macomb Powersport ( where I purchased the bike) total $118.00 complete.
21 and Gratiot essentially, on the south east part of that intersection? I remember when they first opened up in the mid 80's and I bought my 86 FJ1200 from them. Can't recall the owners name at this second for the life of me but he owned what was "Cycle Parts" on Gratiot at about 9-1/2 mile road. That was my 2nd home as a teenager.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
21 and Gratiot essentially, on the south east part of that intersection? I remember when they first opened up in the mid 80's and I bought my 86 FJ1200 from them. Can't recall the owners name at this second for the life of me but he owned what was "Cycle Parts" on Gratiot at about 9-1/2 mile road. That was my 2nd home as a teenager.
HOMEBOY !!!!!...WHO KNEW!
and your memory servce you well.:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
HOMEBOY !!!!!...WHO KNEW!
and your memory servce you well.:D
And another good spot out there that "used to be"... Maplegrove Gun Range down 21 mile to the west when it was farm country.

Used to go out there as a kid with my parents and uncle......throwing clays with a manual flinger on the south side of the road for some 20 gauge fun and then smacking the 100 yard targets with a .308 Winchester.

Is Brown Bear Sporting Goods still there? Bought my first new handgun from them when I turned 21.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts