521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A: Shinko 006 Podium with 4.5K on it.

B: 'Stone BT-023 new

Attachments

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
That 'Stone 023 will be my next tire. Keep us informed. Weren't the Shinkos supposed to last longer than that or is that not a touring tire?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is the B'Stone BT 023 on wet roads.
:feedback:
I normally don't ride when it is wet because I am a big sissy, but it's funny that my first 40 miles on them were on wet roads because of fog/drizzle in my area last night and this morning...all I can report is NO issues at all...I felt really "hooked up."

That 'Stone 023 will be my next tire. Keep us informed. Weren't the Shinkos supposed to last longer than that or is that not a touring tire?
After 100 miles and 60 of them on dry (clean!) roads, these tires are damn good! I feel positively planted. It's always tough to judge going from ****e tires to new ones, but I think these feel even better than the Shinko's when they were new. Real confidence inspiring tires so far!

That's what I thought! The Shinko literature claims the 006 tire is an "intermediate" compound...4.5K miles is not "intermediate" in my mind. My next set will be their 009 Ravens, which they say is their longest lasting sport radial.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I ordered the 023's yesterday. I ordered through Chaparral. $210 total, free shipping. I've been a big fan of Bridgestone since the 010's. They stuck like glue. I routinely got 10,000 miles and more out of the 020's on my ZRX1200. The 021's on my ZZR1200, the rear had 11,000 on it when I sold it and still looked good, the front was rubbish. The 023's have improved on the front. I would be disappointed to get less than 12,000 miles on the 023's reasonably ridden. I'm stoked.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I put on 023's last fall and have about 2k in all weather conditions except ice.
I'm really happy with grip, in all conditions.
At the rate they are wearing, I'm expecting 8 or 9k out of them, I'll know by Sept. or Oct.
Maybe sooner.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't get over they just came by UPS. Ordered Tuesday arrived Thursday.:clap:

Nice!
I bought mine AT Chaparral and didn't get them home that fast! :p

Another 150 miles or so on them and I really, really like these tires. I am hoping to get 10K out of 'em.
:cheers:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Ordered these from Chaparral Monday night. There were issues with the front. One gal said they were available tubeless and everyone else there said they were not. Long story short she called me yesterday at noon and said they would be on the way yet yesterday. They arrived at my doorstep today at 12:30.

The moral of the story is. When dealing with Chaparral ask for Melody and tell her that her sweetie Bob said to call

LMAO

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts