Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With "real" spring 8 weeks I did a bit of a rehash on a past summer video. The wind noise on the original soundtrack from the Flip pocket camcorder was intrusive at best and annoying at worst. So without further ado. The twisty climb up Cape Smokey. Soundtrack overlay by local artist The Billy Bell Band "Wish You Were Here". :yeahsmile:

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts
Looked like a nice ride. :thumb:

On a different note: on some of your left sweepers it looked like parts of your Versys (and by extension - YOU) were across the center-lines even though your tires were definitely on the right. :thumbdown: Be careful of that!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good riding Sly. Your so lucky to be able to ride such an awesome road. I have been around the Cabot Trail both on foot (Cabot Trail Relay) and on a bicycle. I plan to ride the Trail on the V after Atlanticade in July.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
That's a nice stretch of road going up to Cape Smokey. I did that at first light one August morning and kept the grin on my face all day.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked like a nice ride. :thumb:

On a different note: on some of your left sweepers it looked like parts of your Versys (and by extension - YOU) were across the center-lines even though your tires were definitely on the right. :thumbdown: Be careful of that!
Worth keeping in mind. I re-watched and understand what your seeing. My peripheral vision saw a bit more then the camera by way of on coming traffic although some turns are blind. I'd left a reasonable margin for error as I wasn't sure the radius of every turn. Considered taking a shot at the time established by another youtube rider's time up Smokey on a Buell BUT as his video shows he was straight lining the turns so I'll take a pass on that approach.

See

1 - 8 of 8 Posts