Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been the hospital for three days and just got home.

I felt tightness in my chest on Thursday so call my Doctor as was told to go to the ER now. They ran some test and transferred me to the Springfield Hospital (much large and better equipped) for more test. It was NOT a heart Attack but a blockage in one of the arteries of the heart. So yesterday they put in a stint. Not really much fun BUT better than another by-pass. I’d had a Heart Attack 8 years ago with a quad by-pass and am SO glad to have dodged THAT AGAIN. I was in for 6 weeks and off work for 3 months then

Bad thing is I rode my NEW Versys to work Thursday and then to the local hospital and was told NOT to ride or drive until Tuesday. So it's sitting out in the rain. At least they have guards there and know whey it’s there. I talked to them and they said it wouldn’t be a problem.

I'm going to bed ya'll be good now hear?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Time: Come what come may, time and the hour, runs in the roughest day!

Glad it wasn't more serious. Don't worry about that rain on the v. She will just be cleaner when you get ready to ride again.
Heal fast.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Be well and keep us posted. +1 on a rained-on V...happens to mine all the time!

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
:eek: take it easy and get better. The V will understand.;)

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Wow. Take good care and don't worry about your V (too much that is) - it will be just fine and waiting for you. The good news is that you're still here to tell us about it. I suppose the bad news is that the Drs won't want you riding for a while.

Heal well and quickly. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I suppose the bad news is that the Drs won't want you riding for a while.
WRONG!!! my doctor doesn't want me to ride at all! :nono:

But he gave in and said stay off for THREE DAYS then take it slow and easy no more than needed. Of course he said the same thing about driving the car.

Of course after the hospital stay I need about a month's road trip! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
In the end...this is wonderful news!
"Down and out" for a while is always better than the alternative.
Your "V" still has her master....so take your time, get it right...and you'll be back in the saddle in no time.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
So glad your OK.:clap:
...and you can bet your bottom dollar major karma is coming your way from all of us to you.
Rest easy,
Heal completely,
Peace.
:cheers:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Good reminder to live every minute. Just went to a funeral yesterday for a friend that was way too young. Enjoy what you have while you can.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got out on the bike today for about a 75 mile loop. Man have I missed that. I did take it easy and use my ride to run to a few stores I need to hit. I guess summer's ending as it was cool and the weatherman says 40s tonight. But I'll ride all I can till snow hit and the salt falls.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The ride had to relaxing.
Perhaps you can write your tires off as ...therapy.:D
;) I couldn't imagine a better medicine.:thumb:
It's Great to hear your back in the saddle again.
Be well.
Peace.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I saw the Doctor for my follow up today. He ask me NOT to ride for a week or so more to let the Femoral artery were they went in to heal up good. He pointed out that if I tear it open I have about 45 seconds before I'm empty! :eek: He's a good doctor and I trust him so I'll let the bike sit a week or so, after all I'm paying him because he's the doc and I'd be a fool not to do as he ask!

Other than that he seemed happy he said my BP was very good and my at rest pulse was so low he's say I was 18 not 56. All that diet jazz & walking is paying off. But has me coming back in next month for a stress test.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Let her heal up! A week is a blink of the eye! :thumb:
Exactly! And you can always live vicariously through us crazy bastards on here to keep you company and keep you from jonesing too bad for your bike! Hope you heal up quickly!:goodluck:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts