Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of days in the 70s I thought riding time was back. Today I get up and it's 18! :eek: !?! Should I sell the Versys and buy a snowmobile? :mad:

·
Registered
805 Posts
It's snowing right now here in NH. The ol lady wants to pack up and move to the Carolinas or anywhere it doesn't snow. She's had enough. It is cutting into bike weather, but hell that's New England for ya. I rode Christmas eve and now there's still 2 feet on the ground with April approaching.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's snowing right now here in NH. The ol lady wants to pack up and move to the Carolinas or anywhere it doesn't snow. She's had enough. It is cutting into bike weather, but hell that's New England for ya. I rode Christmas eve and now there's still 2 feet on the ground with April approaching.
IF you move DON'T even slow down until you hit Florida or Mexico!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I hear ya. I can't tell you how long the winter has felt here in Easter Ontario. We had one or two days where it felt like spring was coming, then wham ... right back into the deep freeze. Still have 2 feet of snow, dirt and salt on the roads and no encouraging forecasts for the next two weeks. Damn if I could I would pack up for the Carolinas as well.

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
The thermometer on my front deck says it's just under 15C (60F) right now, here in Kelowna under cloudy skies, NO SNOW!

:p

Oh yah - and I rode about an hour this morning....

:thanx:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Freddy I was thinking about you the other day, weather related.

Seems we had freezing mist and rain move in when a Med-A-Vac helo was flying home. They ended up in a farmers field due to icing, they DID NOT crash. The pilot, wisely, landed and waited it out, or until his relief got there rather than risk it. Better at long wait in a field and a fast trip down!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ya'll come on down....course it's 44 degrees right now but that might feel warm to ya. :thumb:
Today is supposed to be 45°f and I am so excited. Anything over 32° is melting snow so I am happy. Sunday was in the 40's and I was driving around with the windows down doing yard work on the 1/16th of my yard that has no snow. We actually had a fire and were shoveling snow all around it to help with the melt. Spring can't come soon enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts