Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2016 650 Dec 2021. Rode for 5000 mi first year for a total of 18000 mi. Decided to do the valve adjustment, air cleaner ,plugs, oil change and all the maintenance so I could just ride in 2023. (hopefully) Just wanted to give a big thanks to One Wizard, Fast eddie, Steve in sunny fl, Invader, Wolfcamp and others that I may have missed for all the great info on doing this with the tips and proper info.I have a lift and all tools. Everyhing went great and I have the bike ready to go. Just have to wait 2 months for the weather to inprove and wash off the road salt. Also did not do the carb sync due to reading that if valve timing is correct the carbs will be synced. I have the vapor cannister (but the bike is not a Cal model) so I could not install the hoses. Did I miss something on how to hook up the hoses to do the sync?

Super Moderator
...Did I miss something on how to hook up the hoses to do the sync?...
Maybe NOT, but you DID miss the posts I made when I got my '09 and removed that canister junk...!

(y)(y)

:cool:

Super Moderator
Yes I did probably due to the fact I was only looking for info on 2015 and newer. I will look for your post.

Thanks

Here's THE link:

Registered
I installed the Rostra cruise control in the spot that usta have the evap cannister on my '15. The holes even matched up. Just be aware that there are some creative things that have to be done with vacuum lines and possibly wiring. Also, while in there, do replace the vacuum hose, they tend to split as time goes on. Mine went this past summer with about 85k miles on it, though I think it's more of a time issue.

Reactions: JT in GA
1 - 6 of 6 Posts