Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why you should up-grade your horn :grin2::grin2:......

·
Registered
126 Posts
Reactions: weljo2001

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Horn def on my to do list.

I put a Stebel Nautalius Compact Air Horn on any bike i get.....Has saved my butt more times than i can remember...Amazon usually has the best prices.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Almost every bike I buy gets a set of Fiamm Freeway Blasters. The exception is my '98 KLR which has an Aooga horn on it, just for grins. (the Fiamms for it are sitting on a shelf).

The Fiamms fit nicely in the area where the stock horn was on my '15. I did put on a piece of aluminum tape on the back of the one facing the exhaust pipe. just cuz.

Reactions: StormRider

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
I was riding in Calgary w/ my son (who was an airline pilot at the time) on the back, when a car started into our lane from the right, NOT looking. I 'thumbed' my Stebel Nautilus horn and the driver ALMOST rolled his car scrambling away from what he thought was a semi....

My son: "Dad, I gotta get one of THOSE...!"

:D

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have Denali Sound bomb. Which I think is just a Freeway Blaster that you can find on internet for like $15. super easy install. I did make a custom bracket out of 1/2" wide aluminum stack from Lowes to tuck it farther back. Way better than stock horn!!

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have Denali Sound bomb. Which I think is just a Freeway Blaster that you can find on internet for like $15. super easy install. I did make a custom bracket out of 1/2" wide aluminum stack from Lowes to tuck it farther back. Way better than stock horn!!
Freeway Blasters are electric horns that come in two different tones:

They sound like a dual car horn, and are quite loud.

Reactions: Buffalo_Bob
1 - 11 of 11 Posts